Manager, Accounting Research
Are you a Mix of 'Technical Accounting Guru' Combined
with Superior Analytical and Communication Skills?
At FTD, we are continually evolving the business by promoting a customer solutions driven culture, while undergoing strategic transformation. Are you looking for significant opportunity for continuous learning and professional growth?
In this highly critical new opportunity, you will play a key role in helping the organization evaluate the financial impact of business changes, including mergers & acquisitions, and new accounting guidance, as well as ensuring compliance with US GAAP and SEC regulations.
This is a highly visible role with regular interaction with senior management and other Corporate and divisional areas. You will perform technical accounting research, draft white papers, provide guidance for financial models and valuations, and interact with the Company's internal and external auditors.
What You Will Contribute:
- ·Perform technical accounting research related to complex accounting and financial reporting matters, such as debt refinancing and segment reporting, and document the Company's positions in white papers.
- ·Perform due diligence and assist with application of purchase accounting guidance for business combinations, including coordinating the preparation of valuation models by third party valuation firms.
- ·Assist with the implementation of new accounting standards, including the new revenue recognition and lease accounting standards.
- ·Keep current on recent accounting pronouncements, perform research to determine the potential impact on the financial reporting of the company and effectively communicate to staff and management the implications of the applicable guidance.
- ·Perform quarterly assessments of potential goodwill impairment triggering events and manage the valuation process for annual and, if required, interim assessments.
- ·Review contracts to evaluate the potential accounting implications/treatment.
- ·Assist with the preparation and review of FTD's 10-Q, 10-K and other SEC filings.
- ·Interact with both internal and external auditors to help support the Company's accounting positions and to provide for an efficient audit process.
- ·Ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance by maintaining a set of internal controls and procedures in related areas.
- ·Interface closely with divisional and corporate finance teams to address accounting matters.
- ·Career opportunities! Those that have a positive approach and impact, have a very bright future as we change, grow and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
- · Lines of business ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- ·Blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be a part of helping shape our future.
- ·Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, competitive compensation and total rewards program, 401K plan with healthy company match).
- ·Annual bonus opportunity up to 10% of your base salary.
- ·A company rich with history based on integrity whose mission is to inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life's most important sentiments.
- ·BS/BA in accountancy or finance
- ·CPA required
- ·MBA preferred
- ·Extensive knowledge of GAAP and SEC regulations
- ·3+ years of SEC reporting experience in a public accounting or corporate environment. Big 4 public accounting experience a plus
- ·6+ total years of experience in accounting and/or financial reporting in public accounting or corporate roles.
- ·Solid understanding of internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley.
- ·Outstanding communicator with the poise and presence to interact with a diverse group of constituents and senior management in a challenging matrix management environment.
- ·Ability to quickly gain the trust and confidence of leadership team and peers.
- ·Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and have the confidence to challenge the status quo as appropriate.
- ·Must be methodical and detail-oriented.
- ·Demonstrate strong initiative, follow-through, attention to detail, and ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- ·Self-starter, highly motivated and dedicated, able to work effectively under pressure and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- ·Trustworthiness - maintain strict integrity in all that you do.
- ·Systems: PC literacy required; including Intermediate level Excel proficiency. Workiva, TM1 and JDE familiarity desirable. Experience with systems conversions preferred.
FTD Companies, Inc. is a premier $1BB + ecommerce floral and gifting company. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers, primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. Our portfolio of brands includes the following trademarks: Interflora, ProFlowers®, Shari's Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
FTD's mission is to inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life's most important sentiments. We strive to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
3113 Wood Creek Drive, Downers Grove, IL. We are conveniently located off of Route 355 and Butterfield Road.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top