Lead Systems Engineer
Lead Systems Engineer
Be an Innovative Change Agent
Are you a Lead Systems Engineer comfortable working in a fast-paced and innovative environment?
At FTD we continually evolve the business--hyper-focused on customer experience! We have and are advancing a culture where solutions from the technology group will help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
We are seeking an innovative game changer: a creative problem solving lead equally comfortable with the needs of the business and a continually evolving technology group. This highly challenging and an intriguing opportunity for those that thrive in a transformational environment.
What You Will Contribute:
- Lead, develop and mentor technical staff to improve the delivery of information technology services across the enterprise.
- Lead technical team, performing task assignment, resource planning, and participate in budget and spending
- Perform ROI, risk/benefit analysis and provide recommendations for our infrastructure technologies
- Provide input on performance goals and evaluations for technical staff
- Collaborate across technical teams to maintain and improve the server, storage, and ecommerce site infrastructure.
- Prepare and deliver clear, concise, effective verbal and written communication in a professional manner
- Support the project management office to create and track detailed project plans for IT infrastructure projects.
- Collaborate with staff to improve the delivery of information technology services across the enterprise.
- Design, support, configure, and upgrade technologies such as virtualization, SAN, compute and Cloud technologies
- Support day to day operations of FTD's ecommerce platform, leading customer impacting issues from triage to resolution.
- Contribute to projects from a technical perspective to enhance, upgrade and introduce new infrastructure technology
- Collaborate with Security team and provide systems engineering support on compliance projects.
- Work with vendors to provide necessary technical support and maintain working relationships
- Develop strong understanding of FTD IT policies and standards
- Create task lists, effort estimates and completion dates for assigned work
- Follow established processes and procedures and identify potential improvements to these
- Create and maintain documentation of production systems and procedures
- Participate on on-call rotation
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change--where you can truly make a difference
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base
What we seek:
- BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Technical understanding and experience leveraging on premise and Cloud technologies
- 10+ years of relevant experience working with enterprise IT infrastructure. Ecommerce environment support experience is preferred.
- Experience running in mixed environment with Windows and *NIX systems
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing infrastructure solutions to include SAN, Virtualization, Compute, automation and Cloud technologies
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a high level of attention to detail
- Knowledge of infrastructure deployment automation concepts
- Experience with scripting tools such as: PowerShell, Bash, Python, or Perl
- Experience using configuration management tools such as SCCM, Salt Stack, Spacewalk, Puppet, Chef, application and operating system deployment as well as task automation
- Demonstrated experience with network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP and NTP
- Experience with server monitoring and capacity planning tools including SCOM, Splunk, and AppDynamics.
- Experience supporting high volume, high availability website architectures which include F5 load balancers, virtualization, IIS, Apache, Akamai CDN and code deployment
- Expertise in third party software integration in an enterprise IT environment
- Expertise in supporting and maintaining multiple server hardware platforms.
- Experience with message queueing systems and cache solutions
- Technical understanding and experience leveraging Cloud technologies
- Passion for creating and improving processes with a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to lead and take charge of level 1 issues and drive them to resolution
- Ability to mentor technical team members, with strong interpersonal and coaching skills
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in San Diego, CA. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top