Graphic Designer - Digital/Email
- Chicago, IL
We are looking for people who can push the boundaries of the brand and help us to develop a unique design language. A Passion for design, typography, flowers and floral, and the ability to inspire others is key to this role. The qualified candidate must be organized and have experience working independently, managing their time and assignments in a fast-paced, deadline sensitive, and detail-driven environment. You will translate the marketing and merchandising vision for the brand into a functional, customer-centric experience and work closely with people inside and outside the creative department to define and deliver the most effective solutions for driving business growth.
At FTD, you can expect a dynamic work environment offering competitive pay and benefits. We seek creative, driven individuals to add to our growing company. Ours is a culture of respect, diversity, partnership, and results.
What you will do
- Design eye-catching email layouts that lead to higher levels of engagement and increased click-through rates, as well as sales growth where possible.
- Ensure best practice email design, HTML build, and usability.
- Execute paid social campaigns with an understanding of best practices.
- Able to create and update print pieces, online banners, landing pages, and other media using state of the art techniques.
- Graphic design and production asset execution across multiple mediums based on brand style guides.
- Work collaboratively with people both inside and outside the creative department to understand goals and contribute creative solutions for driving business growth.
- Prioritize and manage a diverse workload.
- Participation in brainstorming and kickoff meetings to develop innovative solutions.
- Maintain and ensure visual brand consistency across all channels.
- Able to meet very strict deadlines and thrive in a fast pace atmosphere.
- Identify, implement, streamline, and maintain efficient processes and procedures that will increase productivity and quality of creative deliverables.
- Communicates and meets company values, objectives, initiatives, and results regularly.
- Keep up with design, lifestyle, decor, fashion, and gifting trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Design or related field or Mid-Level Design experience working with both digital and print -- 3-5 years minimum
- Strong knowledge of email design best practices and a solid understanding of HTML and CSS; experience with Sailthru is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and XD; Adobe Creative Suite
- Mac OS proficiency.
- Experience designing emails, brochures, catalogs and direct mail, web assets, display ads, and social banners.
- Up-to-date knowledge of print production.
- Video and animation skills are a plus.
- Strong typographic and design skills with an ability to create a clean, modern design with a contemporary aesthetic.
- Self-directed and can manage projects from concept to completion.
- Multi-tasking and problem-solving skills to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest technologies and web standards.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; smart communicator.
- Flexible and able to maintain perspective and cope effectively while juggling multiple objectives in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Very well organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Positive attitude; commitment to team and business success with strong relationships with peers, leaders, and internal business partners.
Back to top