Forecsting \u0026 Inventory Analyst-U5143
Proflowers.com is a profitable San Diego e-commerce company and the largest direct shipper of fresh flowers to consumers in the U.S. We are seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with exceptional quantitative skills who enjoys developing analytical models and being an integral part of an entrepreneurial team in a fast-paced environment.
Purpose of Position:
Briefly describe the overall purpose of the position. Why does it exist and how does it contribute to the overall organization?
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use SQL queries and business reporting tools to query business databases and make recommendations to senior leadership.
- Analyze the current inventory & forecasting system and improve the quality of reports, metrics and core data inputs. Build and refine forecasting and analytical tools used in the business.
- Develop Strategic Decision making tools to assist the Business Planning Team in making more effective and efficient forecasting decisions
- Construct and communicate SKU level forecasts to suppliers and other stakeholders
- Work with marketing and merchandising departments to develop product promotional plans
- Coordinate distribution of SKU's to distribution centers to achieve operational efficiencies and reduced outbound freight costs
- Maintain system inventory levels for constrained and distributed SKU's
- Monitor real-time SKU sales for both peak and non-peak seasons and work with marketing/merchandising to address SKU sales rates that are outside of expectation range
- Be the First responder to supplier-related inventory issues
- Work with the overall Supply Chain Leaders and be a part of projects and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2-4 years professional experience
- Strong analytical abilities including affinity for quantitative analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Access and/or SQL.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top