FTD Companies, Inc. is a premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
Financial Analyst-Florist Division
FTD is looking for you to join our team to be a part of our Florist Division of FTD. You will utilize your financial and accounting skills and business acumen to provide reporting, budgeting, and full life cycle accounting projects. Here’s your chance to make your mark!
You will be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting function for the Florist Division including monthly close, financial controls, audit requests and accounting/financial analysis of operational projects which have accounting/financial implications. Additionally, you will work closely with all other functional areas within the Florist Division and interact with finance personnel from the other divisions within the company.
How You Will Make An Impact:
- Responsible for certain monthly close activities, including, but not limited to, the preparation and review of month-end accounting reports, journal entries, accruals, variance analyses, cost center reviews, and account reconciliations. Meet with department managers to ensure accuracy of monthly results and to understand and document variances to budget, forecasts and prior periods.
- Research as needed accounting guidance and recent pronouncements that may have an impact on the financial reporting of the company. Possess the ability to understand and communicate to staff and management the implications of the applicable accounting guidance.
- Direct and indirect responsibility for the annual operating financial planning process working closely with all department managers in developing challenging but reasonable budgets for the fiscal year, including long term projections as needed.
- Works with business owners to develop accurate forecast and other projections, analysis and identification of risks and opportunities.
- Maintains the financial models used in budgeting and financial projections.
- Identifies revenue and cost saving opportunities and provides financial support and direction to the business owners.
- Drives profitability, process improvements and quality initiatives.
- Develops ad hoc financial metrics analysis and operational efficiency analyses.
- Through assisting the auditors and an ongoing review of Sarbanes-Oxley procedures, ensure strict adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley and other internal procedures. Contribute to control remediation projects by recommending and documenting new controls, processes and policies. Bring any issues to the attention of your manager.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly bridges for actual results and forecast changes which identify business issues that are impacting the company’s ability to execute the operating plan.
- Advise management of financial and operational risks that you become aware of in your work.
- Maintain strict integrity on all occasions without any compromise in all that you do.
- Work with external and internal auditors and ensure all audit requests are completed accurately and timely and that all questions or issues are addressed.
- Contribute as requested to all quarterly reporting requests needed by corporate.
- Identify and bring to the attention of your manager all potential process and procedural improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies You Will Leverage:
- BS/BA in accountancy
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting, internal controls, financial reporting, financial budgeting/planning and analytical projects in a medium or large size company.
- CPA or public accounting experience (preferred but not required).
- Must be PC literate; fluent in MS (with Advanced level Excel skills and familiar with ERP platforms (JD Edwards, Cognos or other).
- Outstanding communication with the poise and presence to interact with a diverse group of constituents
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to challenge the status quo in various situations
- Strong initiative, follow-through and ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects
- Proven ability to prepare ad hoc analysis without templates
- Support from a strong leader
- Well established team who will support and help guide you in our industry
- Ability to work closely with business owners with exposure to operational aspects of the
- Excellent total rewards program
- Growth Opportunities in a large company
The FTD Mission Statement: To inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life’s most important sentiments.
The FTD Vision Statement: To be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top