Purpose of Position: Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. Performs economic research and studies in the areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements the necessary processes to support internal forecasting and reporting requirements.
- Looks behind the numbers and influence decisions that go along with them through value added analysis.
- Preparation of reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position relative to income, expenses and earnings, based on past, present and future operations.
- Recommends innovative process/reporting and policy solutions that will enhance the current approach.
- Develops financial models; prepares summary analyses and presentation packages for other members of management.
- Participates in the preparation and compilation of the annual financial plan, which may include division-specific modeling, time-series analysis, and graphic presentation of both operating and financial data.
- Tracks, maintains and reconciles orders and invoices from various vendors.
- Works with accounting to track inventory, manage payment against invoices and provide accurate monthly accruals.
- Demonstrates leadership in consensus and team building within and outside of Finance.
- Provides ad hoc analysis and special project work.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 plus years of experience in financial analysis and data management.
- Strong analytical skills including financial modeling, technical and presentation skills,
- Solid work ethic with a high level of energy; can take a roll-up-the-sleeves approach,
- Ability to perform multiple stage projects to their completion.
- Exceptional computer skills are required, including extensive experience using MS Excel. Proficient with business and financial software applications, including Microsoft Access and Oracle Financial.
Back to top