Purpose of Position: The Corporate Financial Analyst - is primarily responsible for portions of the monthly close process for the Corporate division and financial reporting for the Company, including a key role in co-ordinating activities with FTD divisions as well as supporting the preparation of 10-Qs and 10-Ks. The role is also responsible for financial controls, audit requests, and accounting/financial analysis of operational projects which have accounting/financial implications. The position will work closely with all other functional areas within the Corporate Division and interact with finance personnel from the other divisions within the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for certain monthly financial close and consolidation activities including, but not limited to the review and preparation of month-end accounting reports (including financial statements), journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Responsible for preparing significant portions of FTD's 10-Q and 10-K SEC filings.
- Responsible for the monthly travel expense reporting process including working with Treasury, Accounts Payable, and other departments to ensure timely and accurate expense accruals.
- Responsible for the consolidation and oversight of intercompany accounts between the various divisions within the organization as well as other account reconciliations.
- Serves as a backup for the Senior Financial Analyst responsible for consolidation system administration and fixed asset accounting.
- Through assisting the auditors and an on-going review of Sarbanes Oxley procedures, ensure strict adherence to Sarbarnes Oxley and other internal control procedures. Bring any issues to the attention of your manager.
- Advise management of financial and operational risks that you become aware of in your work.
- Maintain strict integrity on all occasions without any compromise in all that you do.
- Work with external and internal auditors and ensure all audit requests are completed accurately and timely.
- Identify and bring to the attention of your manager all potential process and procedural improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/BA in accountancy or finance
- 2+ years of SEC reporting experience in a public accounting or corporate environment
- 4+ total years of experience in accounting, financial reporting, financial budgeting/planning or analytical projects in a medium or large size company.
- Big 4 public accounting experience a plus
PC literacy required; including Intermediate level Excel proficiency.
Workiva, TM1, and JDE familiarity desirable.
- Must be an outstanding communicator with the poise and presence to interact with a diverse group of constituents in a challenging matrix management environment.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and have the confidence to challenge the status quo in various situations.
- Must have strong initiative, follow-through and ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top