Distribution Center Operations Manager
FTD Companies, Inc., the largest gifting company in the world, is seeking an Operations Manager for our New Jersey Distribution Center. In this role you will be responsible for the management of a high-volume, pick, pack, ship distribution center for perishable products.
This role is responsible for the planning and execution of critical peak periods, as well as managing the day-to-day operation of the facility, including shipping, receiving, inventory control, quality control, staffing, all personnel related issues, budget planning, safety, and vendor management. This position requires a high level of leadership and strong communication skills; bi-lingual in Spanish/English is highly preferred.
- Responsible for the management of all production, quality assurance, personnel and facility issues for the ProFlowers Distribution Center.
- Ensure adequate staffing, equipment and space utilization to fulfill production goals during peak holiday weeks as well as non-peak periods.
- Develop detailed facility operations plans and schedules for peak periods based on high-level parameters provided by upper management.
- Manage and develop the Production Team to optimize productivity and promote growth.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance department to ensure that all protocols are followed to ensure the highest possible quality for our customers.
- Work closely with Warehouse Management Systems team (WMS) in order to understand, maintain knowledge of and manage the operation and training of the WMS.
- Develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to production efficiency, inventory management, quality, fulfillment accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Plan resources (both equipment and staff) to meet growth requirements and seasonality constraints based on corporate strategic plan.
- Establish annual departmental operating budgets and track/control spending within budget.
- Maintain environmental, safety and other regulatory compliance.
- Work with personnel to continuously improve policy, procedures, practices and training.
- Provide excellent service to all internal and external customers.
- Any other duties as assigned by management from time to time.
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring and motivational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and achieve results under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience in problem identification and resolution for product distribution, as well as with customers and employees.
- Proficient ability with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. Demonstrated experience using warehouse management systems to manage inventory.
- Valid C Class Forklift certification a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of eight years of progressive experience in supervising the production floor operations to include direct management experience of floor personnel.
- Experience in high-volume, seasonal distribution environment with perishable product lines preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or equivalent related experience.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/English highly preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret and develop general operating plans. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and employee performance reviews.
- Ability to work with variety of departments including IT, Finance, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Human Resources, Merchandising and Marketing in order to carry out the needs of the business.
- Occasional travel could be required.
- May spend extended periods of time in a cooler environment.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Distribution Center is a first shift operation. Manager may be required to work 2nd shift hours during holiday. Must be willing and flexible to work anytime during operating hours. Approximately 10% travel required.
FTD Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq:FTD) is the largest gifting company in the world. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. FTD has been delivering flowers since 1910 and the highly-recognized FTD® and Interflora® brands are supported by the iconic Mercury Man logo which is displayed in nearly 40,000 floral shops in approximately 150 countries. Our diversified portfolio of brands also includes the following trademarks: ProFlowers®, Shari’s Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Flying Flowers, Flowers Direct, Drake Algar, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
The FTD Mission Statement is to inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life’s most important sentiments. For more information about our portfolio of brands, we invite you to visit www.FTDCompanies.com.
Back to top