Director, Supply Chain Systems
FTD Companies is searching for a Director- Supply Chain Systems for its growing group of brands. This role, based in San Diego, CA will report to the EVP of Operations. The ideal candidate will have experience across the functional areas of supply chain operations with a deep knowledge of supporting systems and tools. This role will directly manage the selection, implementation and on-going operations of supply chain systems. Additionally, this role will manage the data and analytics to support a progressive ecommerce fulfillment operation. As an enabling role for the supply chain, this position will coordinate financial reporting and supply chain cost analyses for FTD. The goal of this position is to use systems, data, analytics and costs to help stakeholders across supply chain organization to make key business decisions that further our mission. You will be working closely with leaders of the end-to-end supply chain functions across planning, sourcing, manufacturing, and deliver / fulfillment. You will be providing mentoring and leadership within the department that offers effective reporting, insight and analysis for multiple stakeholders.
- Manage a team of Analysts, holding them responsible to design, develop and distribute reports to the department tracking performance against key metrics, as well as provide recommendations to improve results
- Work collaboratively with IT to develop and enhance systems and programs to help achieve supply chain metrics and automate manual processes. Be the super user and subject matter expert for supply chain software; understand how the system can be used to improve processes and maximize results
- Work with supply chain functional teams to identify areas of opportunity to improve total supply chain metrics. Work collaboratively to develop/enhance procedures to maximize results
- Implement process improvement projects that support the organization using skills as an experienced supply chain professional with a full understanding of industry practices
- Develop an analytics team to support supply chain operations. This includes building models that support and interact with cross functionally with business units.
- Experience in budgeting and finance activities related to managing operations and operating a P&L.
What You'll Need:
- Excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams.
- Experience in leading multiple integrations/implementations of supply chain applications.
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Supply Chain or a related field
- Current managerial responsibility of a team of 5-10
- Finance accumen
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in the area of Supply Chain and Business Analytics
- Ability to motivate and coach a team to deliver desired results which support the overall business strategy. Responsible for day to day management of department reporting and analytics, ensuring accurate and timely completion
- SQL expertise, advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Proven ability at looking at solutions in unconventional ways. Sees opportunities to innovate and can lead the way.
- Top notch communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis in summarized business terms and an ability to effectively communicate with technical teams.
- Ability to work with shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top