Responsible for directing a shared services Sourcing & Quality organization supporting several business units. Operate effectively at the strategic and tactical levels to develop and lead a global Sourcing & Quality function. Provide energetic leadership to the Sourcing & Quality team by managing strategies that drive cost reductions, meet margin targets, improve quality and support increased sales across various merchandise categories.
- PFBU non-perishables (accessories, vases, collateral)
- GFBU accessories, drop ship suppliers
- PRVD consumables, supplies, packaging
- Growth Gaps Projects TBD
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Direct a team of sourcing, procurement, and quality personnel who support key product categories within multiple business units and merchandise channels.
- Oversee global supplier sourcing, supplier & product quality, purchase orders, delivery schedules, and processes.
- Lead supplier selection and qualification, maintain relationships, and monitor supplier performance including quality, pricing, capacity, and commodity specific supplier lead-time requirements to reducing market risks.
- Partner with merchants to determine vendors and lead cost negotiations to meet margin targets for product.
- Intervene and resolve major vendor issues in coordination with businesses, functional staff, users and management.
- Work closely with functional department heads--e.g, Operations, Merchandising, Planning and Logistics to set priorities, ensure execution, identify cost reduction and growth opportunities to meet financial goals.
- Partner with several team members across various departments to determine merchandise specifications, timelines and quantities.
- Ensure real-time understanding of product demands through regular communications with merchants and planning managers. Adjust purchase orders, supplier schedules, and pricing plans as appropriate.
- Drive process improvements, innovation and product related cost reductions by managing total landed material costs to optimize revenue and gross margin; create competitive sourcing environment
- Establish procurement and commodity specific metrics and reporting tools and publish metrics to a broader team on a regular basis.
- Partner closely with new product development and merchandising teams to coordinate and drive time critical product timelines, introductions and changes.
- Direct sourcing, contract negotiations and partnering strategies that ensure the timely delivery and cost effectiveness of all production related materials and supplies.
- Work with Operations to develop specifications for value-added services as required, and partner with Suppliers to understand their service capabilities, select best-fit Supplier and deliver value-added services.
- Ensure product quality standards and compliance requirements are met. Ensure testing procedures are established and completed, and that corrective actions are identified when needed
- Partner with GF OPS to develop Quality Assurance and Compliance processes. Ensure that vendor compliance and continuous improvement practices are implemented and adhered to and that compliance risk is well managed
- Partner with PF Sourcing & Quality and PF Supply Chain to develop ProPlants Quality and Sourcing practices and drive balanced improvements in total product cost, quality, and availability
- Support Finance in development and maintenance of standard costs and cost variances, PO / invoice approval and reconciliations.
- Develop and implement more robust cost management/budgeting tools and processes in the outlined areas of responsibility
- Set clear expectations of performance holding Sourcing accountable through goal setting processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Materials Management, Procurement or a related field
- 10+ years of hands-on Supply Chain, procurement, sourcing, materials management, logistics, supplier quality, and international purchasing experience
- Asia based sourcing, logistics, purchasing, supplier and quality experience with a recognized industry leading company strongly desired
- Demonstrated high ethics and integrity standards
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- CPM, APICS, or CIRM certifications and/or formal negotiation training desired
- Comfortable in fast-paced, team-oriented culture and adept at taking initiative to achieving aggressive individual, department, and company goals
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top