FTD Companies is in search of a Logistics Transportation Director to join our world class team. We are an industry leading, $1.3B ecommerce platform that generates shipments of over 60K per hour during our busiest week. This is a company that not only gives you the ability to champion innovative solutions but also invests in you and your teams. Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with previous experience working at or partnering with FedEx, UPS, and USPS with a strong analytical background and excellent negotiating skills. The right person for this position will be empowered to manage and optimize an ever changing, high volume e-commerce logistics network. If this is you, you can enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, bonus, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan) while still enjoying a relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and day-to-day execution/reliability of FTD's network.
- Manage and monitor operations/logistics performance metrics/reporting and assess/review performance of logistics network on regular basis.
- Lead root cause analysis and drive corrective actions to address systemic operations/logistics performance issues and drive improvement across metrics.
- Actively manage relationships with our carriers throughout the year to ensure available capacity and critical support during our peak seasons.
- Travel to key supplier and carrier locations to meet with key representatives, gather data, validate metrics, implement processes, and build stronger field-level relationships.
- Lead our seasonal operations/logistics planning and execution activities, including communicating those plans to our carriers and key fulfillment locations.
- Develop and maintain a cost and capacity based model of our logistics network incorporating our current state and future growth targets.
- Provide key leadership in the development and expansion of our entire distribution network.
- Execute the launch of new carriers per the company's distribution network expansion plans.
- Act as process owner for the logistics function and serve as super-user for logistics functionality within our IT systems while fully understanding and leveraging the system capabilities of our logistics service providers.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by manager.
- Minimum of 7-8 years of previous experience in logistics or transportation management.
- Previous experience w/ International Logistics transportation working with a Freight Forwarder / Customs Brokerage company.
- Previous Background with Air transportation carriers preferred
- Previous experience managing small parcel carriers (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.) in high-volume, seasonal environment required.
- Knowledge of supply chain security programs, such as C-TPAT, PIP, AEO, ISF, ITAR, ATF, CBP, DOT
- In-depth understanding of contracts, compliance and government laws (domestic/international) relating to procurement functions
- Previous experience working in an operational role with one of the major small parcel carriers (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working with third-party distribution facilities preferred.
- Proven accomplishments in cross-functional team environment, including process improvement and systems development.
- Experience managing operations or logistics projects.
- Experience working with inventory/warehouse management systems.
- Excellent service provider management and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Expert level Excel skills.
- SQL experience is strongly preferred.
- College education preferred.
FTD Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq:FTD) is the largest gifting company in the world. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. FTD has been delivering flowers since 1910 and the highly-recognized FTD® and Interflora® brands are supported by the iconic Mercury Man logo which is displayed in nearly 40,000 floral shops in approximately 150 countries. Our diversified portfolio of brands also includes the following trademarks: ProFlowers®, Shari's Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Flying Flowers, Flowers Direct, Drake Algar, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
For more information about our portfolio of brands, we invite you to visit www.FTDCompanies.com.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top