Director, Fulfillment Operations
Director, Fulfillment Operations (Distribution Center)
FTD Companies is in search of a Director of Fulfillment Operations to join our world class team. We are an industry leading, $1.3B ecommerce platform that generates shipments of over 60K per hour during our busiest week. This is a company that not only gives you the ability to champion innovative solutions but also invests in you and your teams. Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with previous experience managing field based operations and/or partnering with 3PL Providers with a strong analytical background and excellent negotiating skills. The right person for this position will be empowered to manage and optimize an ever changing, high volume e-commerce logistics network. If this is you, you can enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, bonus, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan) while still enjoying a relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- Lead FTD's nationwide fulfillment operations by developing best practices that can be applied across the network of distribution centers and partner with 100 3rd party fulfillment providers
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and day-to-day execution/reliability of FTD's network.
- Develop systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, equipment and products in an organized and efficient manner
- Lead development of blueprint for optimal facility layout and process flow
- Prepare for peak holiday volumes by developing peak operating plans, staffing requirements and training processes that ensure high quality fulfillment
- Lead implementation of inventory management and receiving systems and processes
- Establish collaborative relationships with key fulfillment partners at multiple levels (facility management, line supervisors, 3pl's etc.) to ensure open communication and partnership to achieve common goals
- Evaluate effectiveness of current flower fulfillment and warehouse management processes.
- Develop and implement processes to maximize efficiency and fulfillment accuracy, and strategies to leverage those processes across the network.
- Drive order accuracy to 99.9% by creating processes and incentive structures to ensure that the correct items are always placed in the box
- Identify areas where company can improve quality, cut costs or otherwise enhance the business. Prepare cost/benefit analyses assessing each opportunity.
- Manage and monitor operations performance metrics/reporting and assess/review performance of network on regular basis--and develop associated score carding.
- Lead root cause analysis and drive corrective actions to address systemic operations performance issues and drive improvement.
- Actively manage relationships with our suppliers throughout the year to ensure available capacity and critical support during our peak seasons.
- Travel to key supplier and field locations to meet with key representatives, gather data, validate metrics, implement processes, and build stronger field-level relationships.
- Lead our seasonal operations/logistics planning and execution activities, including communicating those plans to the operations teams and key fulfillment locations.
- Develop and maintain a cost and capacity based model of our operations network incorporating our current state and future growth targets.
- Provide key leadership in the development and expansion of our entire distribution network and lead network modeling activities
- Execute the launch of new suppliers per the company's distribution network expansion plans.
- 10 years in strategic supply chain procurement and/or production facility management working with perishable products.
- Exceptional relationship building skills and ability to negotiate and influence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills.
- Fluent English and Spanish highly desired
- Previous experience w/ 3PL suppliers and managing those relationships preferred
- In-depth understanding of contracts, compliance and government laws (domestic/international) relating to DC procurement functions.
- Proven accomplishments in cross-functional team environment, including process improvement and systems development.
- Expert level Excel skills.
- College education preferred.
FTD Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq:FTD) is the largest gifting company in the world. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. FTD has been delivering flowers since 1910 and the highly-recognized FTD® and Interflora® brands are supported by the iconic Mercury Man logo which is displayed in nearly 40,000 floral shops in approximately 150 countries. Our diversified portfolio of brands also includes the following trademarks: ProFlowers®, Shari's Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Flying Flowers, Flowers Direct, Drake Algar, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
For more information about our portfolio of brands, we invite you to visit www.FTDCompanies.com.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top