- Downers Grove, IL
As a DevSecOps Engineer, you will responsible for managing the overall health of our production environment running on Google Cloud Platform. You will assist with maintaining our Kubernetes clusters and GCE instances running all of our sites and services while identifying risks and vulnerabilities.
At FTD, you can expect a dynamic work environment offering competitive pay and benefits. We seek creative, driven individuals to add to our growing company. Ours is a culture of respect, diversity, partnership, and results.
What you will do
- Support day-to-day operational tasks on public-facing infrastructure.
- Monitor and enhance our existing DevSecOps pipelines for optimal availability and performance.
- Drive the architecture, design, and implementation of automated/continuous build, deploy and release processes using integrated tools in the CI/CD pipeline like Bitbucket, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Nexus/Artifactory, etc.
- Monitoring and analysis of systems, services, and service clusters, optimization of performance and resource utilization.
- Partnering with engineering teams to identify threats and opportunities.
- Balancing security and risk assessment with business needs and processes.
- Collaborate with the development team on shared objectives.
- Design, develop, enhance, and implement applications and tools supporting development teams.
- Administer JIRA's core and software, Confluence, and formulate technical solutions using JIRA and associated JIRA plugins or Atlassian products.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- 3-5 years of total experience in an Operations/DevOps role as part of a team
- 2+ years of experience in automating cloud or hybrid cloud IaaS and PaaS technologies
- 2+ years of experience with software configuration management and/or release automation tools.
- Solid understanding of Terraform as infrastructure providers and build images using Packer.
- Strong background in Linux & desire to automate tasks and assume ownership of production infrastructure.
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Deployment tools/Build tools like maven/node/yarn.
- Experience with software and service deployments built on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Solid and defensible opinions about system management, logging, orchestration, and infrastructure automation.
- Working knowledge of GCP, Docker, Jenkins, Microservice architecture.
- Experience working within a high volume, high-availability environment.
- Experience managing high traffic customer-facing websites and servers.
- Familiarity with vulnerability assessment tools and practices.
- Comfortable with shell and scripting languages in relation to the role (Python and Bash required, any others are welcome).
- Experience with cloud-based solutions (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure ..etc) including networking, IAM, provisioning, and monitoring/tracing.
- Knowledge of scalability, HA and DR is desired but not mandatory.
- Familiarity with provisioning and container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong understanding of Agile and the software development life cycle, specifically design, debugging, testing, and documentation.
- Excellent detail-oriented organizational and communications skills.
Back to top