- Downers Grove, IL
Lead the creative strategy, design, and development of all creative for FTD, including copy, design, and photography across offline and online consumer marketing material, house marketing assets, FTD.com, and a range of marketing material targeted to florists and grocery channel.
At FTD, you can expect a dynamic work environment offering competitive pay and benefits. We seek creative, driven individuals to add to our growing company. Ours is a culture of respect, diversity, partnership, and results.
What you will do
- Develop compelling creative concepts that meet the marketing and business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy in a consistent way.
- Persuasively present and recommend preferred creative concepts to executive management, gaining alignment to direction while acting upon useful feedback.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion within tight timeframes. Deliver on time and to a high level of quality
- Identify and deliver cost-saving opportunities in the development and execution of marketing materials.
- Elevate the look of the FTD brand -- a truly iconic brand
- Supervise and inspire the creative team of online designers and copywriters as well as bring in outside resources to complement the internal team as needed
- Provide strong leadership, management, and mentoring to the creative team as well as to vendors and external agencies
- Recommend and implement process improvements that streamline the development of creative materials, from creative brief to deployment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in design, fine arts or related field or equivalent visual design and management experience required; graduate degree preferred; groundbreaking portfolio reflecting 8+ years of experience in the interactive space and offline space; minimum of 5 years management experience working with large-scale web sites, e-marketing, and advertising
- Strong aesthetic sense and intuitive understanding of what makes a truly great interactive experience
- A passion to inspire great design and ideas in a team environment
- The ability to set the vision and drive concepts and strategies through the entire creative and development process
- A solid understanding of both business and user goals and how they relate
- Work experience with premium brands that have a superior aesthetic appearance
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must understand Flash and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions
- Strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce, and creative process
- Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- An interest in managing and mentoring others to help them perform at their peak and grow in their careers
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Flash
- Experience with Adobe AfterEffects & video editing a plus for this position
- Knowledge of HTML, DHTML CSS
Back to top