The Assistant Controller assists the V.P., Corporate Controller in directing the external financial reporting, payroll and accounts payable functions.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee the external financial reporting, payroll, and accounts payable teams. Work closely with the directors and manager of those areas to ensure the day-to-day operations run smoothly and provide direction and guidance when issues arise to ensure they are addressed promptly and effectively.
- Serve as the technical accounting expert for the Company. Research, evaluate and determine appropriate treatment for complex accounting and reporting matters.
- Ensure that financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations. Keep current on proposed new accounting standards and lead implementation of such pronouncements and SEC regulations as they apply to the Company.
- Maintain a strong working relationship and regular communication with the FP&A and divisional finance teams, ensuring controllership objectives are clearly defined, communicated and prioritized.
- Establish, maintain and continuously re-evaluate internal controls to support organizational goals and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Review workflows and drive continuous process improvements. Act as a change agent to increase operational effectiveness.
- Create an environment that encourages and supports the development and learning of staff through regular feedback, coaching, training, work experiences, and performance management.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested by management.
- 10+ years' experience in Accounting, including at least five years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA certification required
- Big 4 (or next tier) public accounting audit experience (minimum five years strongly preferred)
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting experience needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with executive management and all levels of the organization across functional areas.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor staff and drive results.
- Sound business acumen, judgment and problem-solving skills and the initiative and drive to get the job done.
- Strong work ethic with a hands-on approach.
- Self-starter, able to work effectively under pressure and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
Back to top