Position Description: This position description provides the minimum job requirements as additional duties may be assigned by supervisors. The requirements listed are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for the position. This job description is not a contract and does not change the employment "at will" relationship. FTD reserves its right to amend the job description at any time at its discretion.
Purpose of Position: In this position you will be responsible for account management and new business development. As a Field Business Consultant, you will be required to meet and exceed sales goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish, build and strengthen relationships with our FTD Florists
- Promote and sell various programs, services and products available through FTD
- Generate leads for the various technology platforms
- Maintain a high level of customer service with our Florists
- Participate in and signing up florists for various industry events throughout the territory
- Cold call for new customers.
- Extensive travel required including driving a company vehicle and overnight travel
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to use computer and key board for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 1+ year of B2B outside sales and account management experience; must have experience selling to small to mid-sized businesses
- Willing and able to travel overnight in assigned territory
- Strong communication skills and relationship building skills
- Strong negotiation skills
Back to top