Associate Software Engineer
Are you seeking the freedom to creatively solve interesting problems while also engineering something that genuinely makes a difference? Join the company that brought technological advancement to the home security industry!
- Write tons of code across the full stack – front end web UI, middle tier services, and back end storage in a hybrid cloud environment
- Work in an Agile team in a Scrum process, collaborating closely with fellow software engineers, DBAs, QA engineers, team leads, and stakeholders
- Perform analysis of requirements and design
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings
- Create and execute unit tests and perform basic systems testing
- Troubleshoot and support system and application problems
- BS in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience with Agile development processes, methodologies, and tools
- Basic understanding of modern software design concepts, including object-oriented programming, dependency injection, and test-driven development
- Basic knowledge of relational database query and design concepts
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts to company stakeholders in an easy-to-understand manner
- Comfortable working independently and prefer to work in a team environment
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with cloud technologies like Azure or AWS and knowledge of cloud concepts including serverless programming, distributed systems, and large-scale storage
- Experience with Angular or similar single page application frameworks
- Experience with web frameworks like Bootstrap, SASS, etc.
- Experience with web-dev tools like Nuget, Webpack, TypeScript, etc.
- Experience with distributed source control systems (preferably Git) and continuous integration
- Great work ethic and sense of humor
About the Company:
We are one of the leading nationwide providers of wireless alarm systems and interactive home security. Frontpoint has created a truly unique consumer experience by combining next generation technology with unrivaled simplicity and an unyielding commitment to customer service. We're the highest rated alarm company in the United States, with unmatched reviews on nearly every online review site.
Frontpoint provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Frontpoint complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontpoint expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Frontpoint’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top