Associate Software Engineer
Are you seeking the freedom to creatively solve interesting problems while also engineering something that genuinely makes a difference? Join the company that brought technological advancement to the home security industry!
- Write tons of code across the full stack – front end web UI, middle tier services, and back end storage in a hybrid cloud environment
- Work in an Agile team in a Scrum process, collaborating closely with fellow software engineers, DBAs, QA engineers, team leads, and stakeholders
- Perform analysis of requirements and design
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings
- Create and execute unit tests and perform basic systems testing
- Troubleshoot and support system and application problems
- BS in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience with Agile development processes, methodologies, and tools
- Basic understanding of modern software design concepts, including object-oriented programming, dependency injection, and test-driven development
- Basic knowledge of relational database query and design concepts
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts to company stakeholders in an easy-to-understand manner
- Comfortable working independently and prefer to work in a team environment
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with cloud technologies like Azure or AWS and knowledge of cloud concepts including serverless programming, distributed systems, and large-scale storage
- Experience with Angular or similar single page application frameworks
- Experience with web frameworks like Bootstrap, SASS, etc.
- Experience with web-dev tools like Nuget, Webpack, TypeScript, etc.
- Experience with distributed source control systems (preferably Git) and continuous integration
- Great work ethic and sense of humor
Back to top