Frontline Education is seeking Systems Technician to join our SaaS Infrastructure and Operations (SaaSIO) team. This individual is responsible for supporting and maintaining production environments worldwide.
- Monitor/Maintain production application systems
- Monitor/Maintain production infrastructure
- Mitigate service issues in a timely manner
- Monitor and support production systems, with a high level of autonomy, as a part of the on-call rotation
- Support SaaSIO team in project workload
- Identify and research system trends and recommend hardware or software modification to resolve problems
- Support and enhance production incident response procedures
- Consistently maintain documentation of changes via department standards.
- Rapid response and Tier 1 support for system alerts
- Triage and escalate Tier 2 issues as needed
- Must be able to work flexible hours
Qualifications, Key Skills and Competencies:
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology with one to three years related experience.
- A strong technical knowledge of computer hardware and computing fundamentals
- A strong technical knowledge of virtualization concepts (VMWare preferred)
- A general knowledge of storage concepts and design
- A general knowledge of computer networks
- A general knowledge of data center operation
- Operating System Expertise: Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2
- Microsoft Active Directory exposure
- Software Experience: PowerShell, Microsoft WSUS, VMWare, Nagios XI
- Ability to read, interpret and augment scripts
- Strong organizational, problem resolution and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and any time of the day or week during a potential crisis or technical emergency.
- Willingness to adapt and learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a group with limited direction.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with keen attention to detail.
- Must have a high degree of personal integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must uphold, safeguard and support the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to corporate ethics, integrity and priorities.
- Must have a desire to grow in areas of expertise as dictated by the evolving needs and goals of the company.
Meet Some of Frontline Education's Employees
Associate UX Designer
As a member of the Design Team, Jonathan’s job is to make sure that all of Frontline Education’s products look and work as well as possible for the company’s users.
Back to top