We are looking for an outgoing and dynamic Systems Engineer (SaaSIO) to manage the successful operation and support of Frontline application environments worldwide. The Systems Engineer is responsible for overseeing Frontline application policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of Frontline applications. The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for working with the product development team(s), focusing on the consideration for web and applications regarding deployment, performance and availability for all Frontline applications being developed.
We are a company that strives to think in terms of “we” instead of “me.” We believe in the philosophy of servant leadership and that it’s all about putting others first. We also value the balance between family and work and embrace working to live and not living to work.
If this sounds like your kind of workplace, please keep reading!
Build/maintain/monitor/optimize Frontline application environment systems worldwide
- Ensure 24x7 availability of Frontline production application systems
- Oversee disaster recovery site capable of running U.S. business.
- Work as part of an Agile Scrum Development Project team to coordinate application development life cycles
- Perform routine audits of systems
- Maintain & report system performance statistics
- Monitor, optimize and allocate system resources required for Frontline applications
- Safeguard application information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure
- Build and Maintain redundant systems and procedures for high availability and disaster recovery
- Train users and answer application system related questions
Key Skills and Competencies Needed
- Experience with IIS management, troubleshooting and performance monitoring
- Prior experience working in a DevOps environment
- Highly experienced with automation and PowerShell scripting
- Experience managing web farms in a high traffic SaaS environment
- Microsoft Windows 2008 and 2012 server including 2012 Core
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including robust troubleshooting skills with a focus on preventative actions
- Experience or understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Experience with .Net applications architecture components (caching, content delivery, high availability, load balancing)
- Experience with Windows Services
- Understanding of the Software/Application Development Life Cycle process and Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge of or experience with a majority of the following technologies and concepts: Active Directory, EMC Storage, SSL, FTP, AWS, Nginix, PHP, C#/MVC, TSQL, MongoDB, MySql, SQL Server, Wordpress, Team City, Octopus Deploy, Chef, Puppet, HyperV, Azure, Linux server administration, Bash, Apache
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 5-8 years of experience performing system and custom application engineering functions and supporting custom web applications in a 24x7 production environment
- Demonstrated experience as a leader and mentor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have high degree of personal integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Must uphold, safeguard and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to corporate ethics, integrity and priorities
- Ability to work without supervision on short-term projects
- Highly directed and self-motivated with keen attention to detail
Meet Some of Frontline Education's Employees
Senior Software Developer, Technical Lead
Chris teams with product owners and leads Frontline Education's developers. He identifies technical solutions for HR and education operations, outlines requirements, and motivates project productivity.
Back to top