Strategic Software Sales Executive
Frontline Education is a leading provider of SaaS EdTech solutions for educators and administrators across the United States. We currently partner with over 7,500 school districts whose professionals and staff use our premier software solutions on a daily basis. In 2015, we were recognized by INC. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in North America. Our unprecedented growth has created a number of new opportunities across the company. Currently, we are looking to delight our customers by hiring a Strategic Software Sales Executive who has experience in Software solution selling. This is a unique opportunity to make an impact in a fast growth organization.
Reporting to the VP Sales, the Strategic Software Sales Executive is responsible for promoting and selling Frontline products and services in a professional, well-informed and well-planned manner to prospective school district prospects. The Strategic Software Sales Executive will be tasked with creating long-term, growing and profitable Frontline customer relationships.
They will also be responsible for developing a deep understanding of significant client concerns to be able to propose, describe and defend appropriate solutions in the form of value propositions. Consistent application of this process enables a diligent salesperson to meet or exceed all sales goals, performance quotas and process expectations in his or her assigned territory. Doing so will effectively promote Frontline Technologies and will require significant industry, company and account knowledge. It will also require Frontline product knowledge and successful sales techniques and professional sales skills.
Critical Performance Objectives, Year 1:
- Establish regionally focused sales strategy focused on large school districts and state-wide account in the region.
- Achieve or exceed assigned quota
- Develop and drive Solution selling strategy to increase bundle adoption rate.
- Develop deep understanding of the challenges facing Frontline customers and recommend appropriate solutions
- Demonstrate a tenacious commitment to win.
- Demonstrable experience. You will maintain a clear record of quota achievement, excellent account planning skills and a willingness to work hard and persevere to make things happen. You are comfortable with long sales cycles and complex organizational structures.
- You will possess exemplary communications skills with a variety of influence styles to solve complex customer business challenges and drive results.
- Metrics driven. You have proficiency in Solution selling (apps per transaction), building pipeline and increasing customer retention rates. Given the longer sales cycles, you are able to articulate and achieve the milestone moments that are necessary for achieving the complex sale.
- Relationships! You easily build and maintain trusted relationships with key stakeholders and influencers at major accounts to ensure that customer needs are met and to be aware of new opportunities.
- You’re so good at collaboration, it might be your middle name. This role requires a great deal of collaboration both internally and externally. Internally, collaboration with other departments such as Marketing, Finance and Accounting, Customer Success, Sales operations. Externally, you are able to quickly understand the roles and priorities of different department leaders & influencers so that you can help a buying organization through their process to a successful outcome.
- Continuous improvement mindset. Maintaining the status quo is a “no go” for you. You strive to consistently improve.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience with a track record of achieving or exceeding quota of $800k or higher-preferably in education community related field or software sales.
- Pre-existing K12 relationships and platform sales preferred
- Maintain a robust pipeline and an effective relationship based account plan in Frontline’s CRM tool leading to successfully retirement of quota.
- Demonstrate excellent follow-up skills with prospects, customers, internal staff and management.
- Continually learn new products and services and methods of presentation for these products, demonstrating ability, skills and knowledge of all existing and new products and services.
- Prepare for and attend assigned national conferences for State and district leaders; sales & marketing meetings; and training meetings. In some cases, you may represent Frontline Education where we have Association partners to leverage our sponsorship.
- Ability to listen for real and perceived customer needs.
- Ability to travel overnight as required for given sales territory including some weekends.
- Ability to be flexible in a rapidly growing and evolving business environment.
- High degree of personal integrity and commitment to the organization’s core values including ethics, honesty, and transparency
- Demonstrate ability to be a team player.
- Ability to establish work environment at home.
Back to top