Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining and controlling the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting and Finance departments.
- Perform the processing of expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification of journal entries, if necessary.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance.
- Assist with sales and use tax compliance and return preparation.
- Establish records of accounts and input entries into the proper accounts.
- Document and ensure proper keeping of financial records.
- Establish and maintain effective internal control procedures.
- Assist with annual external audit as necessary.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and record keeping.
- Ability to communication with all levels of management with professionalism.
- Capacity to work cross-functionally with individuals across the organization.
- Able to prioritize work and pivot as necessary in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills and emotional maturity demonstrated as poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Minimum of 2+ years of accounting or audit experience required.
- Netsuite, SAGE Fixed Assets experience.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Understanding of GAAP, rules, regulations and systems of internal control.
Meet Some of Frontline Education's Employees
Associate UX Designer
As a member of the Design Team, Jonathan’s job is to make sure that all of Frontline Education’s products look and work as well as possible for the company’s users.
Back to top