Sr. QA Engineer
About Frontline Education
Frontline Education provides cloud-based solutions for the K-12 education industry, primarily focusing on human capital management and back-office administrative solutions. As a leading provider of SaaS EdTech solutions, we serve more than 12,000 educational organizations representing over 80,000 schools and 5 million educators across the United States and Canada. In 2015, we were recognized by INC. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in North America.
Frontline Education is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to provide technical test solutions that supplement and enhance manual testing efforts. The Senior QA Engineer is responsible for developing robust test automation frameworks that allow for rapid test script creation while being maintainable. Works with QA Analysts, Developers and IT to ensure these solutions best support ongoing application development and delivery efforts. Fosters/leads collaboration within and across teams. Actively teaches and coaches more junior team members.
- Must uphold, safeguard and support the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to corporate ethics, integrity and priorities.
- Designs and develops robust and maintainable test automation.
- Develops test automation scripts that accurately execute and validate test case workflows.
- Solves complex test automation problems, including custom solutions not solved with traditional automation tools.
- Researches and develops tool-based solutions for new technologies as they are introduced.
- Maintains automation test libraries ensuring they continue to function as our applications are modified.
- Develops performance test suites that accurately model production usage patterns.
- Works closely with development and IT to develop test automation best practices that ensure a consistent level of quality and reliability.
- Establishes performance & training standards and fosters technical & process excellence within team.
- Able to work productively in a virtual environment and with virtual teams
- Reliable, robust test automation solutions that ensure stability across our application offerings.
- Respect, trust and confidence of fellow team members.
- Seen as a helpful resource by junior team members.
- High degree of personal integrity and exemplary professional standards.
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision, while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other team members.
- Quality oriented with keen attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to grow in areas of expertise as needed by the evolving needs and goals of the company.
Qualifications, Key Skills and Competencies
- College Degree preferred. At least three to five years of related experience.
- Expertise in testing web-based applications and web architecture.
- Expertise in test automation frameworks and programming.
- Working knowledge of Selenium and Cypress.
- Demonstrable expertise in either Java or C#.
- Experience with implementing test automation within a continuous integration environment.
- Experience designing, implementing or enhancing test harness/framework is desired.
- Mobile experience is a plus.
- Expertise with performance testing best practices including pattern and usage modeling.
- Expertise with server performance monitoring and tuning techniques.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Back to top