Senior Systems Engineer (CI/CD)
Frontline Education is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer (CI/CD) to design, build, test, deploy and support continuous integration, continuous delivery and high availability of our solutions in an efficient, effective, and consistent manner. You will work on large-scale system design and troubleshooting and must be fluent in systems programming and/or automation. You will use your knowledge of running production environments and understanding of Windows or Linux/Unix systems internals and networking to enable the delivery and operation of business critical systems. This is a fast-paced and exciting role that provides opportunities to work on a wide array of projects.
We're a group of unique and talented individuals that love what we do. We've been lucky enough to land jobs with a rapidly growing tech company that supports an appreciative and friendly customer base. We work hard to make our customers happy but we like to have a good time in the process. But, there’s more to us than the Nerf guns and ping pong tournaments that you see on the surface.
We are a company that strives to think in terms of “we” instead of “me.” We believe in the philosophy of servant leadership and that it’s all about putting others first. We also value the balance between family and work and embrace working to live and not living to work.
- Collaborating within and across cross-functional, agile teams to design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Frontline’s services through CI, CT, CD and HA practices.
- Influencing, developing, and delivering architectural designs, standards, and tools for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engaging in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance testing and/or analysis and system tuning.
- Solving problems relating to mission critical services and build automated solutions to prevent problem recurrence - with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Interacting with application development teams to understand requirements, troubleshoot problems, and evangelize adoption of systems practices
- Conducting periodic on call duties.
- Contributing to and evangelizing Frontline Education engineering standards and practices.
- Mentoring more junior engineers and peers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant Field and/or 10+ years’ experience
- Expertise in web-based applications and web architecture
- SaaS experience is preferred
- Experience with operating software in the public cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with service-oriented or microservice architectures is preferred
- Working experience with Agile methodology
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies (SQL Server, MongoDB, etc).
- Experience working with Windows or Linux/Unix systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols.
- Experience with network theory e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing.
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) practices and tools (Team City, Puppet, Chef, etc).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Meet Some of Frontline Education's Employees
Education Solutions Executive
Spencer provides world-class talent acquisition and special education management solutions to Frontline Education’s K-12 school district clients, who are teaching the next generation of leaders and entrepreneurs.
Back to top