Senior Systems Engineer
We are looking for a dynamic Sr. Systems Engineer to manage the successful operation and support of Frontline application environments worldwide. The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for overseeing Frontline application policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of Frontline applications. The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for working with the product development team(s), focusing on the consideration for web and applications regarding deployment, performance and availability for all Frontline applications being developed.
Critical Performance Objectives
- Execute consolidation of five (5) production datacenters within eighteen (18) months of hire.Throughout the acquisition process, Frontline has acquired a diverse array of datacenters/ technologies. These production systems must be consolidated into our standardized, enterprise environment. The Senior Systems Engineer will be expected to work through the existing datacenter migrations to ensure successful operation moving forward.
- Develop a repeatable execution plan for how Frontline will consolidate future acquired datacenters within nine (9) months of the close date of each acquisition. The Senior Systems Engineer will need to execute on the plan he/she develops to migrate three (3) recently acquired datacenters. This individual will be expected to command a thorough understanding of the systems to be migrated in each project to ensure that the necessary supporting systems are in place. Project management skills will be paramount to ensure that the appropriate stakeholders are identified at the onset of the project, and that all stakeholders understand the trajectory of the project and what their involvement and output needs to be.
- Support the team’s annual goal of maintaining 99.95% system uptime.
- The Senior Systems Engineer will be challenged to maintain the uptime goals while merging and consolidating datacenters asoutlined above.
- Oversee Frontline storage, compute and datacenter practices.
- Stay current with technological developments in system administration and make recommendations for Frontline Education to take advantage of new technologies in order to meet business objectives.
- Maintain & report production systems performance and capacity.
- Ensure Disaster Recover sites are configured with adequate capacity to handle production workloads.
The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of experience performing system engineering functions in a 24x7 production environment. A Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline would be preferred.
Additionally, knowledge of and experience with the following technical competencies will be required to operate most effectively in our system environments:
- VMware/AWS experience.
- Experience with Enterprise Storage Administration and Enterprise datacenter management.
- Systems automation and management using MS Powershell.
- Ability to manage and maintain multi-site, multi-forest Active Directory environments.
- Microsoft Windows 2008 and 2012 server including 2012 Core.
- Knowledge of or experience with: multi-tier applications, Chef, Amazon AWS.
- Ability to operate safely and efficiently in high-traffic production SaaS environments.
- Robust troubleshooting capabilities and strong analytical and problem solving skills with a focus on preventative actions.
- Plan, organize, implement, and document complex systems.
- Configure systems in a manner consistent with institutional policies and procedures.
Back to top