Senior Software Engineer in Mobile Test
Frontline Education is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Mobile Test to architect, document, implement, and lead automated testing solutions utilizing mobile development techniques that enable teams to deliver high quality solutions across multiple technology stacks in a continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) environment.
The Engineer is responsible for:
- Working with and within native iOS and Android development languages, SDKs and IDEs (XCODE, SWIFT, JAVA, ANDROID STUDIO)
- Designing and developing robust test automation frameworks that allow for rapid test script creation with minimal maintenance (UI, UNIT, API, PERFORMANCE, INTEGRATION)
- Working with engineering teams to ensure these solutions best support ongoing application development and delivery efforts
- Enabling engineering teams to utilize the solutions and adopt a ‘test engineering culture’
- Anticipating engineering challenges and working with teams to develop solutions ahead of those challenges
- Maintenance, growth and continuous improvement of automated testing solutions
- Working with development teams to refine, implement and maintain unit tests
- A ‘One Team’ mindset in which success is only achieved through the success of others
- A Systems Thinking approach that ensures solutions solve the problem at hand within the construct of a larger platform
- An entrepreneurial spirit: willing to try new ideas, learn fast, and continuously improve
- A consultative approach to evangelizing concepts and teaching others to fish
Qualifications, Key Skills and Competencies
- College Degree preferred. At least three to seven years of related experience.
- Expertise in testing web-based applications and web architecture.
- SaaS experience with micro-services architectures a plus.
- Expertise in test automation frameworks and programming.
- Experience in TDD or BDD Development
- Experience with implementing test automation within a continuous integration environment.
- Experience designing, implementing or enhancing test harness/framework is desired.
- Established development/programming foundational knowledge
- Demonstrable expertise in either Java, Swift, or Objective C
- Demonstrable expertise in object oriented development.
- Experience developing small or simple web-apps
- An understanding of REST, JSON, and or other HTTP based systems.
- Mobile Hobbyist: experience with mobile tools, IDEs, development & testing is highly desirable.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Back to top