Senior Software Developer (JAVA)
Frontline Education is seeking a Senior Software Developer - Java to design, build, test, deploy and support elegant, scalable and reliable software solutions for our customers. This is a fast-paced and exciting role that provides opportunities to work on a wide array of projects.
The Sr. Software Developer - Java is responsible for:
- Collaborating within and across cross-functional, agile teams to deliver software that achieves business objectives using a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) model.
- Contributing to and evangelizing Frontline Education engineering standards and practices.
- Mentoring more junior developers and peers.
Qualifications, Key Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant Field and/or 10+ years’ experience
- Expertise in building scalable Java-based web applications and architecture
- Passionate about code quality and testing at multiple levels
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools and techniques
- Strong experience using Tomcat, Spring, MySQL, and BIRT or other reporting libraries
- Experience with microservice architectures, NoSQL database technologies, and rules engines preferred
- Working experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Git in a continuous integration environment is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A ‘One Team’ mindset in which success is only achieved through the success of others
- A Systems Thinking approach that ensures solutions solve the problem at hand within the construct of a larger platform
- An entrepreneurial spirit: willing to try new ideas, learn fast, and continuously improve
- A consultative approach to evangelizing concepts and teaching others to fish
Meet Some of Frontline Education's Employees
Senior Software Developer, Technical Lead
Chris teams with product owners and leads Frontline Education's developers. He identifies technical solutions for HR and education operations, outlines requirements, and motivates project productivity.
Back to top