Senior Manager Client Success
Frontline Technologies is a leading provider of SaaS EdTech solutions for educators and administrators across the United States. We currently partner with over 7,500 school districts whose professionals and staff use our premier software solutions on a daily basis. In 2015, we were recognized by INC. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in North America. Our unprecedented growth has created a number of new opportunities across the company. This is a unique opportunity to pave the way and have a significant impact in a fast- paced growth organization.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has a proven track record in leading a large, complex client relationship management team. This is a strategic role. Frontline is looking for this person to define the overall approach to Client Success. The Director will be instrumental in leading cross functional collaboration to assess our current approach, partner with other areas to understand the client portfolio and profile, from the smallest to the largest client, to determine the appropriate level of additional interaction and engagement required to compliment and differentiate the existing support structure.
Reporting to the VP of Customer Success, the Director will be responsible for ensuring client satisfaction, securing renewals, preventing churn and maximizing upsell opportunities by engaging with Sales, Solutions, Product Development, Product Management, Support, and Training as necessary. Collectively they will identify, implement and execute strategies to delight clients at every level and monetize opportunities accordingly.
Critical Performance Objectives, Year 1:
- Increase client satisfaction by 15% measured by Net Promotor Scores and other KPIs
- Support and direct team to ensure 100% renewal rate
- Increase upsell / cross-sell opportunities/leads by 15%
- Implement a key account model within the first 6 weeks
- Establish cadence, baseline metrics and format for quarterly business reviews
- Define, develop and customize support models for strategic accounts
- Demonstrate executive relationship skills, be capable of interacting at highest levels in customer organizations; ability to interact and communicate directly with the Board of Directors
- Establishes working relationships with key decision makers; collaborates with Product Management, Sales, Marketing and Solutions Consultants.
- Directly engage with assigned CSM for key accounts that are growth accounts, fast-paced, transitional, and/or needs high level of client contact.
- Anticipates customer needs and adapts plans with CSMs to achieve mutually beneficial long-term objectives and goals
- Owns retention, reviews customer surveys satisfaction results and researches, analyzes, develops, and recommends processes and procedures to improve the customer's overall experience across all solution bundles.
- Constantly monitors and reports on progress of all "at risk" CSM accounts to all stakeholders while ensuring complete resolution.
- Define business model to address non-key account success model and incorporate process to handle any escalations within assigned territories / regions.
- Develop and present solution growth opportunities to deepen client relationship with Frontline.
- Help define SOW requirements for customer change requests. Manage contract requirements and commitments for ongoing Client Success management services.
- Conduct quarterly client business reviews (including preparation and follow-up)
- Hire, develop, oversee and retain best talent
- Consistently reviews and acts on opportunities to implement a variety of best practices and standardized processes to ensure operational efficiency and scalability
- Cross train employees to increase overall success amongst Team Members and Cross Functional Teams
- Provide leadership to the team and act as a point of escalation
- Stands out as a leader amongst peers
- Proactively monitors resource needs based on sales, acquisitions, and opportunities
- Establishes, runs, and analyzes metrics tied to efficiency and success
- Oversee team to ensure they act as a liaison between Customer Support and Product for all solution lines to represent product & client priorities and communication accordingly
- Lead cross-departmental strategic initiatives
Soft skills we are looking for in a candidate:
- We want someone who embraces the values of people over process, working knowledge to assist or guide, collaboration versus dictation, and responsiveness to change.
- A good listener. You value the opinions and viewpoints of others in determining strategic direction. You aren’t coming in with a strong bias one way or another – you listen and think critically about what makes good sense in each situation. You ask the appropriate questions, weigh the pros and cons, and figure out where the appropriate compromise is.
- Ability to refine ambiguity. You embrace the mantra of “climbing the mountain” not just maintaining it. You are able to take high-level vision and translate that into a tactical business strategy that you and others can execute on.
- Strong integrity and interpersonal skills. You exhibit exemplary personal and professional ethical standards and are able to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- You lead by example and proactively coach / mentor junior team members for the betterment of the team. You take ownership of and articulately defend your decisions but are willing and able to pivot when new data points in an alternate direction.
- Personal and professional development. You invest in ongoing development of yourself and your team's skills through self-study or training classes.
- Commitment to the company, team, and Client success.
- 10-15 years of Client relationship management experience, ideally during a company’s growth mode as a Manager for a SaaS company
- 6+ years leading, managing and growing individuals
- You possess the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Proven track record in effectively managing remote teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Ability to travel at least 35-50%
Back to top