Quality Ops Engineer- Web/ Mobile/ .NET
We are looking to add a Quality OPS Engineer to our organization
- Work with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) to promote the efficient development, testing and delivery of quality software that provides the right solutions for our users.
- Meet with product teams and assess their current software quality practices.
- Review and provide guidance on development teams’ test plans, test specifications, test suites and test cases, as well as design tools for unit, functional, integration and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
- Build new tools to assist and empower development teams’ test automation and functional testing efforts, and innovate on existing test automation processes.
- Promote comprehensive test coverage by working closely with development teams and to prioritize test execution and report on its progress and results.
- Provide technical leadership and consultation with regards to QA practices, procedures and techniques.
- Work with cross-team test projects and provide strategic direction for test automation.
- Work closely with Test Engineers and Development teams to identify and build test script hooks that allow earlier testing and more rapid feedback, including CI/CD pipeline execution.
- Organize and facilitate exploratory/session-based swarm test sessions encompassing multiple product components and features.
- Empower teams across the development organization with increased QA productivity through tools, documentation, knowledge-sharing sessions and other best practices.
- Occasionally support business users with production issues by troubleshooting tickets and logging detailed defects
- Promote a culture of quality in your work with others
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience in software development and testing in Java or C#
- Experience with API and UI automation testing including test automation frameworks
- Experience in testing RESTful APIs and Micro Services
- Experience in maintaining automation code base in GIT
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
- Hands-on experience in using continuous integration(CI) build environments like Jenkins, TeamCity
- Experience in testing Android and iOS mobile apps is a plus.
- Ability to affect organizational change through charismatic, positive leadership and motivation
- Comfortable and experienced in translating complex, technical information into easily understandable formats, and presenting this information to management
- Very organized, detail oriented and focused with a hands-on approach, and sense of urgency
- Highly flexible attitude and ability to shift gears when priorities change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours (if necessary) to accomplish business objectives
- Experience working with distributed teams (across different geographic locations and time zones)
Meet Some of Frontline Education's Employees
Senior Software Developer, Technical Lead
Chris teams with product owners and leads Frontline Education's developers. He identifies technical solutions for HR and education operations, outlines requirements, and motivates project productivity.
Back to top