Product Manager - Special Education
Product Manager – Special Education
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Are you a natural problem-solver looking to work on the market leading solution for K-12 to help administer impactful programs for special learners?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and highly driven Product Managers to own and direct our Special Education and Medicaid solutions in Frontline Education’s Special Education & Interventions portfolio. You would own the solution roadmap and drive all components from idea through design, deployment, and operations, while working in an exciting, fast-paced, agile environment.
This role reports to the Director of Product Management and works closely with Development, Architecture, UX Design, Sales, Customer Success, and Strategic Partners to deliver solutions that simplify the daily work life of the front line of education.
About our Team
Our Product Management team is the driving force behind building The Frontline Insights Platform; bringing critical technologies together to provide on-demand, actionable insights to the front line of education. At Frontline Education, you will face some of the hardest and most rewarding and exciting challenges of your career, as we build the first unified insights platform for the K-12 education market, with our mission to provide actionable insights to the front line of education, and end disconnected point solutions forever.
Is this the right opportunity for you?
- You love products and get excited about solving complicated, and often ambiguous problems, and having autonomy in decision making.
- You understand the special education process or school-based Medicaid and the associated challenges and complexities of this regulatory environment.
- You can deliver intuitive, streamlined and easy to use solutions that don’t compromise on functionality or compliance.
- You have good UX understanding and can work effectively with our design team to develop innovative approaches to solutions.
- You are an engaging and outstanding communicator who excels at negotiating across cross-functional teams.
- You’re an analytical thinker who can understand the impacts of new ideas to all parts of your solutions as well as how your solution behaves in a platform context.
What a Product Manager does at Frontline Education:
- Serves as the product visionary driving a vision and strategy for the product that delights customers and creates buy-in for the product vision.
- Engages with Frontline’s customers, applications, services, and sales teams to understand requirements, and to ensure successful product delivery.
- Owns and executes on features end-to-end in terms of requirement, definition, quality and metrics.
- Defines creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on strategy and vision.
- Work closely with software engineers to turn functional specifications into next-generation business services.
- Communicate with clarity across multiple stakeholders, collaborate with business partners and development teams, and influence decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Informs on plans, status, progress against KPI’s with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Participates in customer facing situations and user conferences as a product expert.
- Passionate about solving customer problems (the big ones and the small ones).
- Embrace customer empathy by focusing on getting deep customer insights to understand the true “why” regarding customer behavior and to translate those insights into strong business results.
- A fast learner, detail oriented, decisive, and enjoy fast paced work environments.
- A successful history of delivering customer-driven products designed to create a great customer experience.
- Able to ramp up quickly on new technologies.
- Self-directed and operate with urgency, focus, and discipline.
- Communicates and influences effectively and appropriately across the organization.
- Confidently makes data driven decisions while considering upstream and downstream operational impacts.
- 5-7 years experience in special education or school-based Medicaid or related product management.
- Proven expertise leading cross-functional teams that together launch on-time and on-budget.
- Demonstrated experience with special education or school-based Medicaid software solutions.
- Bachelor degree in a Business or Computer Science or related field. Masters degrees or MBA a plus.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- K12 experience highly regarded.
Frontline Education is an integrated insights partner serving more than 8,500 educational organizations across the US, and millions of educators, administrators and support personnel in their efforts to develop the next generation of learners. With locations in Malvern PA, Chicago Il, and Rockville Centre, NY, Frontline is bringing together the best education software solutions into one unified platform. Frontline makes it possible for districts to efficiently and effectively manage the needs of the education community including Recruiting & Hiring, Absence & Time, Professional Growth and Special Education. With more than 15 years of experience serving the front of education. Frontline Education is dedicated to providing actionable intelligence that enables informed decisions and drives engagement across school systems.
Meet Some of Frontline Education's Employees
Education Solutions Executive
Spencer provides world-class talent acquisition and special education management solutions to Frontline Education’s K-12 school district clients, who are teaching the next generation of leaders and entrepreneurs.
Back to top