Product Manager - Professional Learning
Are you a natural problem-solver looking to work on the market leading solution for K-12 that helps school districts support continuous, data-driven professional learning?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and highly driven Product Manager to own and direct the Professional Learning Products as part of Frontline Education’s Professional Growth Portfolio. You would own the Professional Learning Management solution roadmap and drive all components from idea through design, deployment, and operations, while working in an exciting, fast-paced, agile environment.
This role reports to the Senior Portfolio Manager and works closely with Development, Architecture, UX Design, Sales, Customer Success, and Strategic Partners to deliver solutions that simplify the daily work life of the front line of education.
Frontline Education is an integrated insights partner serving more than 8,500 educational organizations across the US, and millions of educators, administrators and support personnel in their efforts to develop the next generation of learners. With locations in Malvern PA, Chicago Il, Andover MA, and Rockville Centre, NY, Frontline is bringing together the best education software solutions into one unified platform. Frontline makes it possible for districts to efficiently and effectively manage the needs of the education community including Recruiting & Hiring, Absence & Time, Professional Growth and Special Education. With more than 15 years of experience serving the front of education. Frontline Education is dedicated to providing actionable intelligence that enables informed decisions and drives engagement across school systems.
About our Team
Our Product Management team is the driving force behind building The Frontline Insights Platform; bringing critical technologies together to provide on-demand, actionable insights to the front line of education. At Frontline Education, you will face some of the hardest and most rewarding and exciting challenges of your career, as we build the first unified insights platform for the K-12 education market, with our mission to provide actionable insights to the front line of education, and end disconnected point solutions forever.
What a Product Manager does at Frontline Education:
- Serves as the product visionary driving a vision and strategy for the product that delights customers and creates buy-in for the product vision.
- Engages with Frontline’s customers, applications, services, and sales teams to understand requirements, and to ensure successful product delivery.
- Owns and executes on features end-to-end in terms of requirement, definition, quality and metrics.
- Defines creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on strategy and vision.
- Work closely with software engineers to turn functional specifications into next-generation business services.
- Communicates with clarity across multiple stakeholders, collaborate with business partners and development teams, and influence decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Informs on plans, status, progress against KPI’s with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Participates in customer facing situations and user conferences as a product expert.
- Passionate about solving customer problems (the big ones and the small ones).
- Embrace deep customer empathy by focusing on getting deep customer insights to understand the true “why” regarding customer behavior and to translate those insights into strong business results.
- A fast learner, detail oriented, decisive, and enjoy fast paced work environments.
- A successful history of delivering customer-driven products designed to create a great customer experience.
- Able to ramp up quickly on new technologies.
- Self-directed and operate with urgency, focus, and discipline.
- Communicates and influences effectively and appropriately across the organization.
- Confidently makes data driven decisions while considering upstream and downstream operational impacts.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to think and lead complex projects simultaneously.
Is this the right opportunity for you?
- You love products and get excited about solving complicated, and often ambiguous problems, and having autonomy in decision making.
- You understand that school districts need to easily plan, manage and analyze internal and external professional learning opportunities, and enable their employees to take an active role in their own learning.
- You can deliver intuitive, streamlined and easy to use solutions that don’t compromise on functionality or compliance.
- You have good UX understanding and can work effectively with our design team to develop innovative approaches to solutions.
- You are an engaging and outstanding communicator who excels at negotiating across cross-functional teams.
- You’re an analytical thinker who can understand the impacts of new ideas to all parts of your solutions as well as how your solution behaves in a platform context.
- 5-7 years in Product Management designing and delivering world-class software products.
- Proven expertise leading cross-functional teams that together launch on-time and on-budget.
- Must have experience in K-12 teacher evaluations (either from a solution provider space or similar)
- Demonstrated experience with a SaaS based Professional Learning application as part of an HRMS.
- Bachelor degree in a Business or Computer Science or related field. Masters degrees or MBA a plus.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- K12 experience highly regarded
Meet Some of Frontline Education's Employees
Senior Software Developer, Technical Lead
Chris teams with product owners and leads Frontline Education's developers. He identifies technical solutions for HR and education operations, outlines requirements, and motivates project productivity.
Back to top