- Malvern, PA
Frontline Education is a leading provider of SaaS solutions for educators and administrators across the United States. We currently serve more than 12,000 educational organizations and millions of teachers, professionals and staff who use our premier software solutions on a daily basis. Our unprecedented growth has created a number of new opportunities across the company. Currently we are looking to hire an API Architect to drive our next-generation platform-wide API strategy. This is a unique opportunity to make an impact in a fast growth organization.
This individual should have deep experience in API lifecycle management, synchronous and asynchronous messaging, json data modeling, and practical experience building out RESTful web services. Expertise in software-defined infrastructure, security, serverless, and service mesh technologies is a plus.
The API Architect reports directly to the CTO and is responsible for working with our platform and systems teams to refine and implement our API vision, with about 60% direct development time.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Flesh out an actionable platform-wide API strategy aligned with corporate vision and culture.
- Design processes and build artifacts that support application teams in adopting the API strategy.
- Promote enterprise-scale, agile design and development of code and artifacts using industry-proven tools and technologies.
- Champion API-driven integration standards across the platform.
- Accommodate the needs of clients and partners to integrate at the platform level.
- Foster innovation and responsible risk-taking to find opportunities otherwise missed.
The Ideal Profile:
- Demonstrable experience. You’ve “been there, done that” when it comes to cloud based distributed architectures with polyglot applications.
- Metrics driven, results oriented. You can identify metrics that provide transparency into the status of business objectives and goals, platform health and quality trends.
- Strong leadership. Creating a compelling vision, aligning people on that vision, and letting their fingerprints be all over the results.
- Mentoring and servant leadership. Coming along side others, helping them be successful while building relationships and mutual trust.
- Educated and informed, but not derailed by shiny objects.
- Collaborative. Recognizing that it is the key to achieving great things that you could never do alone.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- 5+ years’ experience as a lead or architect with significant track record in designing and developing web service APIs.
- Experience in K-12 solutions is a plus.
- 5+ years’ working in agile environments.
- Working in distributed teams is a plus.
- 2+ years working in cloud-based SaaS environments.
- Experience with cloud-based API lifecycle management tools and techniques.
- Experience with serverless technologies.
- Experience developing highly-scalable and robust, production supportable solutions in a Java or Node or Microsoft-based enterprise-scale technology stack.
- Strong ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability.
Back to top