Transportation Field Manager
Position Summary: The Transportation PM Field Manager is responsible for managing the field operations of the Transportation Department. The responsibilities include developing and coaching the delivery teams, while ensuring professionalism in the community in which we deliver. The Field Manager is expected to manage cost and service performance through field audits and feedback, as well as creating and sustaining relationships in the building and communities we serve. Equally important are supporting the shift teamwork and Operations Center through open lines of communication.
- Manage on-time performance of Drivers while maintaining a high level customer service and a safety culture
- Oversee Drivers within the greater NYC Area
- Partner with the Environmental Health & Safety and Food Safety teams to promote a safe, reliable and efficient operating environment
- Make recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries
- Monitor Driver’s performance by conducting field audits and ride along that include spot checking various routes
- Perform daily reviews and analysis of metrics reporting to drive continuous improvement
- Investigate, document, and report on truck accidents / Process worker’s compensation reports, when required
- Ensure operational compliance with D.O.T regulations
- Partner with Sr. Management and Human Resources on all Driver performance concerns and talent development
- Communicate with other departments heads and FreshDirect personnel to assist in various needs
- Minimum one (1) year of transportation supervisory / management experience required
- Customer focused and dedicated to meeting their expectations
- Possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record. Driving history must meet and maintain qualification for Corporate Safety Program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Practical experience applying Safety Standards as defined by DOT regulations and/or Corporate Safety Program
- Ability to work flexible schedule – shifts will include early mornings and/or late evening and weekends
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to build strong internal/external working relationships with the company and within the community
- Supervise, direct, train, schedule, coach, guide, counsel, instruct and develop transportation employees. Cross-train and develop employee skill set for work coverage and future growth opportunities
- Actively participate in the hiring process.
- Partner with Human Resources on employee relations matters
- Comply with Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Drive for results by positively impacting productivity, on-time performance results and affect change
- Administer and approve all payroll for respective department
- Ability to facilitate safety huddles to promote safe work environment and compliance with DOT regulations
- Ability to think strategically with high level of patience in dealing with critical situations
- Use resources effectively and efficiently while managing multiple activities
- Must be goal oriented with a strong work ethic and hold high standards for quality performance St
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) preferred, not required
- CDL License preferred, not required
- AA or greater degree preferred. Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect & FoodKick's Employees
Gary J.Director of Operations
Gary is responsible for executing company plans at all levels. He works with products and shipping logistics, as well as quality assurance and talent acquisition.
Back to top