High Pressure Boiler Engineer/Refrigeration Engineer
Recipe for Success-
Under supervision of a supervisor in a state institution, department, or agency, takes a leading part in the operation and maintenance of power and heating plants and auxiliary equipment; does related work as required. Operates, maintains, and makes minor and emergency repairs to varied types of generators and motors, feed and vacuum pumps,
feed conveyors, blowers, governors controlling the rate of fuel consumption and automatic stokers. Periodically conducts comprehensive tests and takes readings
of fuel consumption pressure, draft conditions, temperatures, and steam flow
and other recordings.
Two (2) years of experience in work involving the operation
and repair of stationary steam boilers and auxiliary equipment
of a power plant or high-pressure heating plant.
Appointees must possess an appropriate Operating Engineer's
License of the appropriate grade, issued by
the New York Department of Labor.
Add a dash of-
· State of New York High Pressure Boiler Operator's License.
· Must comply with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company, Local, State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
· The positions will report to our Facilities Management team and require the ability to climb ladders, perform work safely on man-lifts/hoists, work in hot or cold condition (with proper personal protective equipment), work in confined space, and lift 50lbs.
· Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills, be proficient in English and have ability to determine colors for monitoring alarm conditions on computer screens.
· Trade or vocational school graduation is preferred to be effective in this position. Prior experience in a plant or operations culture preferred but can also hold this experience from a building or property management organization.
· Candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include nights and weekends.
We look forward to hearing from you at this exciting time to join FreshDirect with an excellent benefit program, employee Company store, and countless employee food benefits.
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Back to top