Dispatching / Routing Specialist - FoodKick Manhattan
The Dispatching Specialist is responsible for overseeing the day to day activities of the site / shift / work center, ensuring the highest level of quality of service is provided by our associates, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives and following company safety standards.
POSITION IS FOR OUR MANHATTAN FACILITY
- Oversee and coordinate order fulfillment, processing and production requirements in Department / shift work center and resolve problems within span of control to the standards set by the company.
- Oversee delegate to and direct a staff from 5 to up to 25 individuals and move people and resources as necessary to meet the needs of the business as business grows.
- Manage attendance within the team
- Inspect and ensure follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, General Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs), Safety & Sanitation compliance and FoodKick Quality policies; as well as ensure that the work area is safe, clean and organized for all team members to work.
- Demonstrate operational principles
- Report all grievances and accidents to management
- Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Dispatch Manager on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
- Plans and carries out work assignments and handles problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the occupation. Consults with leadership on unique situations, which do not have clear precedents.
- A minimum of 1 year experience routing and dispatching preferably in the Manhattan area.
- Experience in Transportation and Logistics
- Experience in Dispatching and/or Routing
- Speak and write clearly and informatively in English
- Able to read and interpret written information in English
- Basic reading and math skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule / cover various shifts to include weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Competent in following oral and written instructions
- Must wear non-slip resistant shoes
- Ability to work in support of the team
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Follow policies and procedures.
- Must be able to start early morning hours (start times vary)
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs repeatedly
- Comfortable and able to work overtime based on business needs
- Must be comfortable in warehouse/production environment
- Ability to meet production and accuracy standards in a fast-paced work environment.
- Detail Oriented
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- 18 months experience working in a transportation / warehouse / manufacturing / food processing environment, ideally with some previous supervisory experience
- Bilingual English / Spanish (spoken and written) Preferred
- Experience in a related field a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Approach others tactfully. Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of the position
- Accepts responsibility of own actions
- Uses time effectively and efficiently
- Meets productivity standards. Completes work in a timely manner.
- Well organized
- Active learning and listening skills including critical thinking through problems and finding solutions
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead a team with respect and dignity
- Ability to understand computer systems to manage work flow within the department of efficiency
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team Member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, FDX, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top