Afternoon and Overnight Porter - FoodKick
- New York, NY
We seek a meticulous, patient, and attentive Porter to help FoodKick create a world in which extraordinary food can be delivered on demand in as little as an hour.
Porters on every shift will maintain the cleanliness of the facility and report any tasks that have not been completed towards the end of every shift. Mop buckets and Floor machines should be cleaned out and sanitized at the end of every shift. Organize the cleaning supplies and janitorial closet. Deep scrub floors with side by side machine or Auto scrubber 4x times a week. Sweep, spot mop, and spot scrub any stains that are visible with the medium bristled deck brush. Any additional specific deep cleaning tasks at the beginning of every shift.
Overnight team responsibilities/procedures
- Maintenance of all floors. (Cellar, Ambient 1st fl/ Breakroom/ Restrooms, and 2nd fl chilled)
- Up keeping the cleanliness of the Facility.
- Maintaining the cleaning supplies/chemicals organized in designated areas.
- Scheduled deep cleanings.
- Report any issues with machinery and issues throughout the building.
- If running low on supplies, immediately inform a manager/supervisor.
- Maintain a team player mentality by assisting others when the need arises.
Qualifications and Skills
* Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
* Must be able to work holidays.
* Must be able to start overnight or early morning hours (start times vary by department)
* Must be comfortable in warehouse/production environment
* Ability to meet production and accuracy standards in a fast-paced work environment.
* Able to stand and walk for long period of times
* Ability to push, pull, squat, twist, kneel, reach, turn and bend
* Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs intermittently during a typical work shift
* Comfortable and able to work a 8-12hr shift (hours per day are based on business need)
* Work a shift of 8 – 12 hours a day (Overtime is mandatory!)
* Must be able to stand for majority of your shift
* Ability to work in climate from 32 to 38 degrees.
* Required to wear oil and slip resistant shoes
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Bilingual (Spanish)
A Fabulous Communicator – You are exceptionally clear when you speak and write
A Master Operator – You have expert knowledge in both inbound and outbound operations
Meticulous – You are organized and detail oriented, and you understand the importance of keeping shared communication tools clean and readable
A Teacher at Heart – You love seeing untapped potential in others and helping them grow
Growth-Oriented – You are a committed lifelong learner, and you love improving yourself
A Good Listener – When others speak, you do not interrupt, and you hear and understand them fully
Comfortable with Feedback – You gracefully give and receive feedback to and from others
FreshDirect (and by extension, FoodKick) is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are proud to serve a diverse customer base and to work with a diverse, inclusive team. Consistent with this, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the relevant job requirements.
Back to top