Wine Store Sales Associate (Part Time)
Recipe for Success The Wine Store Retail Sales Clerks sell merchandise to customers, assist customers in obtaining merchandise, calculate and total purchases on a computerized cash register, collect money and make change. They stock shelves, take inventory, complete forms pertaining to store operations, unload shipments from trucks, mop, sweep, dust, clean windows. They are responsible for organization and cleanliness of the downstairs storage area.
- Maximize product sales by actively suggesting products through education and recommendations to build consumer loyalty and trust.
- Follow stock rotation guidelines to assure older or dated product is removed from the sales floor at the appropriate time to maximize product freshness and quality for our customers.
- Maintain pricing integrity by ensuring products are labeled and priced correctly and errors that do occur are immediately brought to the attention of the manager and corrected.
- Follow prescribed merchandising guidelines to assure that product is presented in the most desirable way to maximize appearance, presentation, and sales.
- Operate a computerized cash register and be financially responsible for the money in your cash drawer.
- Assure that all stock is maintained at the appropriate level by restocking cases and shelves as needed to assure adequate inventory levels of each product are displayed to avoid lost sales from product shortages.
- Store maintenance & cleaning duties such as sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning windows and lavatories, storage organization & maintenance and removing snow and ice.
- Assists manager and assistant manager with daily in-store tastings. Engaging with customers on new and featured wines & spirits.
- The Part Time Clerk closes the store twice per week. Closing duties include: accurately completing the closing paperwork, counting the bank and deposit for the day, dropping cash deposits into the safe at the end of the day, stocking the refrigerator to ensure enough cold product is ready at opening the next day, setting security system.
- Accepting shipments of merchandise once or twice a week. This involves lifting, carrying and stacking cases of alcoholic beverages up and down a flight of stairs. Unloading is usually a 1-2 hour operation. You must also lift and carry merchandise in order to stock store shelves.
- Scan invoices and bills over to accounts payable upon receiving, then file immediately into the proper section of the financial folder.
Key ingredients –
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years retail sales clerk experience
- Knowledge of wine and spirits a plus
- WSET certification a plus
- Able to carry 40lbs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Available to work both nights and weekends
- Punctuality a must
- Organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of wines and spirits a plus
- Wine and spirits certification a plus
- Computer literate – email, Word, Excel. Point of Sale software experience a plus
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top