Vice President Integrated Marketing
Recipe for Success Fresh Direct is looking for a Vice President of Integrated Marketing who will be a superb partner and customer advocate across the organization to effectively plan, develop and execute integrated customer acquisition and retention strategies to meet business objectives. This customer centric, data obsessed Marketing leader will build a best in class integrated marketing practice responsible for integrated marketing programs across all media and spanning the full customer lifecycle from new member acquisition to engagement and retention of existing members.
- Devise and lead FreshDirect's integrated marketing strategy, customer acquisition, customer activation, loyalty programs, and online customer experience improvements in support growth objectives
- Lead an integrated approach to brand messaging and customer experience across all consumer touch points—online and offline
- Provide dynamic, visible, and inspirational leadership to positively impact business initiatives
- Work closely with leadership team towards creating a long-term strategic marketing framework for the brand with a vision to evolve the company
- Coordinate marketing efforts across the organization, prioritize resources across channels; oversee implementation of core consumer and acquisition strategies through public relations, social media, digital, direct channels and community engagement efforts
- Manage performance marketing, translate consumer insights into implementable marketing strategies
- Sponsor the development and testing of new programs that will drive retail traffic and support conversion
- Establish objective setting and measurement criteria against which marketing initiatives will be measured— and ensure that resources are allocated in line with opportunities
- Develop an appropriate marketing investment level based on business objectives and continuously improve effectiveness and the ROI of marketing investments
- Building and managing a framework to include how to drive the marketing and business growth activities most effectively by defining the target customer base and relevant value proposition/positioning
- Develop a “best-in-class” marketing team; serve as a player /coach to lead and inspire others. Engage in motivating & mentoring colleagues toward the common goal of taking FreshDirect to the next level of success
- Establish goals, objectives performance metrics, and develop an appropriate marketing investment level based on business objectives. Continuously improve effectiveness and the ROI of Marketing investments
- Coordinate agency model where appropriate and set guidelines for agency performance evaluations
Key ingredients –
- A proven track record of success at scaling a retail business
- Possess the capacity to lead the development and implementation of strategically integrated, creative and fiscally sound marketing strategies that drive business results and aligns with corporate strategies
- A combination of consumer centric/market focused analytics and creative thinking in order to grow the build the brand and broaden the customer base
- A nimble, hands-on approach gained in an entrepreneurial environment
- Deep knowledge of emerging media, e-commerce, viral communication, direct response and social media
- Possess a passion and interest for food, customer experience or exposure to a related industry
- Proven business acumen with deep commercial sensibilities who understands how to translate marketing ideas into revenue generation activities
- Experience building a strong marketing infrastructure. A track record of success identifying, developing and upgrading marketing resources, as needed
- Negotiating and influencing skills - The proven ability to influence, build consensus and resolve conflict
- Strategic thinker with the ability to formulate long-term marketing strategies and brand value propositions that connects with the overall strategy of the business
- Ability to easily switch between the strategic and the operational
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Category Merchant
Courtnie uses sales and consumer data insights to bring new FreshDirect products to the company and its consumers, determining details from pricing and placement to promotional strategy.
Back to top