Training Specialist - Plant Operations
Recipe for Success Fresh Direct is looking for a Training Specialist who will be responsible for collaborating on the development, coordination and delivery of a variety of training and development programs for the Plant. The role also provides support and partners with L&D, HR, and Operations Management. This strategic role will provide a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to be involved in the Learning and Development strategy and support company-wide business goals and initiatives. The ideal candidate must be fully bilingual (speaking, reading and writing) in Spanish and English.
- Partner with L&D to create job aids and training to support skill matrix and competency model adoption
- Works with managers to identify skill gaps and creates targeted training and customized development activities to fill the gaps
- Develop, organize, conduct and evaluate training programs
- Lead program with Plant Operations Management to conduct regular on-the-job methods training to ensure quality standards are consistently met
- Establish programs that creates cross training opportunities for Plant Operations employees
- Update job aids/training handbooks to reinforce proper process methods
- Support retraining of employees for all process changes
- Create an environment in which training is impact-ful and fun
- Develop process to recognize employees for training completion and key milestones
- Volunteer with employee relations activities
- Provide training assistance for all shifts
- Maintain all training modules
- Prepare presentations to provide updates and share information with senior management
Key ingredients –
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Education, or related field
- Two (2) years of experience within HR, L&D, or project management
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) – speaking, reading and writing is a must
- High level computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office – with proficiency in Excel
- Must be reliable and willing to work flexible hours - including night shifts
- Must be analytical, resourceful and collaborative
- Employee centric, customer service oriented and approachable
- Ability to handle a diverse array of stakeholders and collaborate with other HR professionals on all aspects of assessment and implementation
- Needs to be organized with strong attention to detail; ability to execute projects in high pressure environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to drive towards the big picture as well as follow through on details of execution and delivery
- Excellent initiative, discretion and judgment and able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment
- Recent experience with transitioning/relocating facilities; planning, implementing, and monitoring change
- Demonstrating effective coaching skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Food or manufacturing experience a plus
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top