Team Leader FoodKick - Receiving, Dispatch, Fresh, Inventory
The Team Leader is responsible for overseeing the day to day activities of the site / shift / work center, ensuring the highest level of quality of service is provided by our Associates, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives and following company safety standards.
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR BOTH OUR BROOKLYN FACILITY (LOCATED IN WILLIAMSBURG) AND OUR MANHATTAN FACILITY.
You relish the ideal of:
- Overseeing and coordinating order fulfillment, processing and production requirements in Department/shift work center and resolve problems within span of control to the standards set by the company
- Overseeing delegate to and direct a staff from 5 to up to 25 Associates and moving people and resources as necessary to meet the needs of the business as business grows
- Assisting and participating in productivity/setting up production and staff schedules in accordance to budget and/or business needs and ensure all breaks and lunches are taken as required
- Inspecting and ensuring follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, General Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs), Safety & Sanitation compliance and FoodKick's Quality policies; as well as ensure that the work area is safe, clean and organized for all team members to work
- Overseeing usage and handling of all equipment used in department including safety, PM’s and report all issues immediately
- Supporting and participating various company projects, initiatives and programs as needed including holding and participating in daily huddles and other communication programs
- A minimum of six (6) months experience working in a Warehouse/ Manufacturing / Food Processing environment ideally with some previous supervisory experience
- Able to speak, write, read and interpret information in English as well as perform basic math skills
- Must be able to start overnight or early morning hours (start times vary)
- Must be work a flexible schedule / cover various shifts that include weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Comfortable and able to work overtime based on business needs
- Must be accurate and thorough while following policies and procedures.
- Able to stand for long period of times
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs
- Must be comfortable in warehouse/production environment
- Ability to work in climate from 32 to 38 degrees
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of departmental production processes, materials and production and sanitation techniques
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- 18 months experience working in a warehouse / manufacturing / food processing environment, ideally with some previous supervisory experience
- Experience in a related field a plus
- Must have produce or perishable experience
- Food production, sanitation and food safety knowledge, HACCP
- Ability to use time effectively and efficiently
- Active learning and listening skills including critical thinking through problems and finding solutions
- Ability to work with department management to hold employees accountable for attendance, productivity accuracy and completion of their work
- Ability to understand computer systems to manage work flow within the department of efficiency
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top