System Administrator (SA)- Windows
Recipe for Success-
The System Administrator (Tier 3 Support) is responsible for the monitoring, management, tuning, patching and issue resolution for multiple, internal enterprise systems that ensure the successful execution of business operations. The SA team manages proactive, preventive administration tasks to provide high levels of availability, performance, security, redundancy and scalability of the supported solutions. The SA team members support the IT Service Management (ITSM) committee by providing strategic and operational recommendations for planning, implementation and training aligned with best practices. The team leads and supports internal projects and provides effective management of designated third party relationships. Tier 3 escalated support for escalated desktop and laptop issues and configuration requests is provided by the SA team. The team members work closely with the senior level Tier 4 teams: IT System Engineering and IT Network Engineering.
Key ingredients –
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with three (3) years system administration experience or equivalent work experience
- Advanced knowledge and administrative experience with Microsoft Windows operating system 7-10, Microsoft certification is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge and administrative experience with Microsoft Office 2007-2013, 2016 preferred.
- Strong knowledge with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems 2008 and 2012+, Microsoft certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of network technology, especially IP routing, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSL, remote administration and performance monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of laptop, desktop and server hardware information including CPU, memory, storage, network and BIOS.
- Ability to work with no direct supervision. Detail oriented - punctual.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Hardware and system deployment experience.
- Strong documentation experience.
- Experienced in project implementation fundamentals.
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
Add dash of –
- Must have working knowledge of PowerShell and VBScript.
- Ability to architect and implement solutions which maximize system availability and performance via clustering and fault-tolerance.
- Solid understanding of IP network technologies and software tools for performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Preferred experience with designing, deploying, and maintaining backup solutions.
- Preferred exposure to data storage (SAN and NAS) products such as HP or IBM.
- Knowledgeable of systems auditing implementation and controls. SOX and PCI compliance experiences a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently, but also within a team.
- Must be able to learn quickly in a highly technical fast paced environment.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills
- Must be willing to regularly work off-hours / weekends to support operational tasks as needed.
- CompTIA certifications are a plus.
- Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- CCNA certification is a plus.
- Basic Linux admin skills is a plus – not required.
- Basic VMware admin skills is a plus – not required.
- Basic Cisco network skills is a plus – not required,
- Bilingual English and Spanish is a plus – not required.
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top