Supply Chain Manager - Capacity Planning
Recipe for Success-
The Supply Chain Manager, Capacity Planning will be responsible for managing warehouse capacity projects and the development and execution of product slotting strategies. The position will have direct reports that support slotting planning and analysis, and the execution of slotting moves. The position requires strong organizational skills, an ability to anticipate business needs, and leadership skills to grow and develop direct reports.
Key ingredients –
- BA/BS in Business, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or related
- Prior work experience in operations, logistics, warehousing or manufacturing preferred;
- Experience in a work environment which extensively utilized MS Excel required
- Three plus (3+) years of slotting experience
- Three plus (3+) years of experience managing analytics and/or operations teams
- Manhattan WMS and slotting a plus
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
Add dash of –
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to present numerical data in a concise, logical and useful manner
- Able to write for and work with a wide range of audiences, from executives to line workers
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced, team environment under time constraints
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Category Merchant
Courtnie uses sales and consumer data insights to bring new FreshDirect products to the company and its consumers, determining details from pricing and placement to promotional strategy.
Back to top