Sr. Warehouse Optimization Manager
The Sr. Manager Warehouse Optimization is responsible for the Distribution Center’s (DC) productivity and throughput through the optimal slotting of inventory locations for all product movement that results in meeting business needs. The position is responsible for managing efficient slotting of warehouse product locations through proactive use of ERP and WMS to provide a more effective and efficient selector environment using slotting best practices and FreshDirect criteria to meet / exceed customer satisfaction levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for slotting review and planning on a week to week, month to month bases based on historic and forward plans, escalate max inventory peaks in advance
- Ensure that revision sof slotting plans based on volume inputs are executed
- Collaborate with Merchant team to provide visibility into need for improved flow of product into building
- Innovate new slotting solutions
- Assist with product movement within the DC based on seasons
- Provide new item set up information
- Fix Unit of Measure (UOM) issues
- Monitor discontinued product
- Works with Operations Managers and Department Managers to improve production output and quality by slotting each line for maximum efficiency
- Work with Inventory Control Operations Manager to identify inventory discrepancies and take appropriate training and re-training action to improve root cause activity
- Works to improve production output and quality through identification of slow, in-active or discontinued products, re-locating them to improve selector environment
- Proactively locate promotional products or IN-OUT distributions
- Perform periodic analysis of product sales and determine changes to slotting placements
- Prepare and present reports containing detailed inventory slotting information
- Bachelor's Degree required in business, industrial engineering, or operations research
- Five (5+) plus years’ experience as a distribution center manager, supervisor, industrial engineer, operations/business analyst or consultant in a Distribution Center or Fulfillment environment
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) required
- Knowledge of warehouse design, material handling equipment and storage media technologies, pick methodology, slotting, and warehouse value added services (i.e., kitting and customer labeling)
- Strong communication skills; develop and articulate (written and verbal) data/process analysis, and alternative solutions. Ability to lead others to a consensus and influence change
- Capable of collecting, assimilating and validating relevant business/operating information
- Comfortable working in a team environment, displays a customer-focused approach, seeks continuous improvement in serving internal and external customers
Knowledge of velocity, inventory, and cube analysis
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience required
- Proven skills in management of projects and cross functional teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established byFreshDirect for the job
Back to top