Sr. Production Manager
Recipe for Success-
The Production Manager manages the culinary operations for the prepared meals area for the large scale production on a 7-day operation commercial-type basis. Work is performed according to specific NYSDOH and FD policies and procedures in producing and packaging foods according to standardized recipes and procedures, ensuring the highest level quality of product and service provided by our associates while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
Key ingredients –
- Key ingredients –High School diploma/ and or equivalent and demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous work experience and education
- Seven (7) plus years of food production in a supervisory position required
- Previous high volume culinary production, manufacturing or catering a must
- English Required Bilingual preferred in English and Spanish
- NYC Food Protection Certificate or equivalent
- Able to work a flexible schedule/ Cover various shifts.
- Work in a cold environment.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Effective time management and prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to lead, train and develop a team
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with staff, peers and senior management
- Ability delegate/execute precise instructions and follow-up with cross-departmental communications
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards
- Knowledge of department production processes, materials and production techniques
- Principles and procedures of interviewing, selection and training techniques
- Active Learning, Listening Skills and Critical Thinking Skills to find effective solutions for problems that arise
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead during periods of change and disruption
- Ability to counsel and discipline in a positive ‘change behavior” atmosphere
Add dash of –
- Strong Quality Control and Process Skills.
- Knowledge of production systems software and ability to learn tasks related to work in SAP
- Food production, sanitation, GMP’s, food safety knowledge and HACCP a plus
- USDA food manufacturing experience a plus
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
Launched in New York City in 2002, FreshDirect is a leading online fresh food grocer delivering farm-fresh foods and brand-name groceries directly to the doors of customers throughout five Northeastern U.S. states, including New York City and Philadelphia. We are committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers and farmers around the world, and its in-house team of chefs and bakers produce a wide selection of freshly-made meals, baked goods and more.
FreshDirect “At the Office” delivers the same high-quality food with expanded product offerings and services for corporate clients. In 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that connects consumers to the freshest, tastiest finds in food, drinks, and lifestyle essentials all delivered within an hour.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top