Shipping Supervisor -Outbound (N)
Position Summary: The Outbound Shipping Supervisor is responsible for monitoring real time call flow. You will provide guidance and direction to the Operations Center team, to ensure call metrics and standards are met or exceeded according to operational policies and procedures. Coordinate and manage workflow processes during assigned call center shifts and escalate issues requiring real-time actions. Analyze and advise Supervisor of team and workflow issues while recommending suggestions or solutions. You will assist in developing and implementing standardized processes that address callers’ needs. Overall goal of this role is to enhance positive outcomes in the areas of customer service, quality standards, and contractual requirements.
This is an overnight position - the ideal candidate must be able to start working at 7pm.
- Oversee and work alongside Operations Center team to achieve daily performance goals
- Supervising on-shift employees and addressing real-time issues
- Communicate (verbally and written) in a professional and effective manner with customers, internal and external partners
- Handle “at risk” customers with a high level of sensitivity and compassion
- Use effective customer care techniques to manage each situation contact to a favorable outcome for both the customer and company
- Will be responsible for medium risk problems and escalates high risk problems appropriately
- Initiate all escalations while following the Escalation Procedures process
- Serve as the main on-site contact for external departments
- Participate in the daily Key Metrics meetings
- Responsible for the accuracy of the Shift Report and sending out according to schedule
- Leading shift meetings; preparing, ensuring accuracy of, and distributing the meeting recaps
- Effectively assist the team by sharing ideas, making recommendations and supporting decisions
- Lend cross-team support and act as a support and resource for co-workers
- Proactively seek continuous process improvement and new way of reaching team goals
- Participate in evaluations and partners with the supervisor to create goals for individual improvement and team development goals
- Minimum two (2) years of leadership / supervision experience
- Two plus (2+) years’ experience in Customer Service environment; preferably in a call center, help desk or e-commerce industry
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Associates Degree in related discipline and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule – shifts will include early mornings or late evening and weekends
- This is an overnight position - the ideal candidate must be able to start working at 7pm.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be highly Customer Service oriented with a strong ability to empathize, collaborate and problem solve
- Ability to build strong internal/external working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to positively affect productivity and on-time performance
- Must be able to give instructions and communicate clearly with Drivers and Runners
- Ability to think strategically with high level of patience in dealing with critical situations
- Experienced leadership skills when training, coaching and developing talent
- Strong organizational skills and being a skilled at managing multiple priorities
- Must be goal oriented with a strong work ethic and hold high standards for quality performance
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a nice to have
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team Member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Description may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top