Senior Linux System Engineer (SE)
Recipe for Success-
The IT Senior Network Engineer (NE) is responsible for the design, implementation, engineering and administration of the company’s wired and wireless network infrastructure supporting a 24x7 mission-critical environment. These systems are components of IT infrastructure supporting a large e-commerce website, plant operations, delivery logistics and general business services.
The preferred candidate is a self-starter and well-rounded professional with strong knowledge in Cisco networking technologies in the routing, switching, security and wireless verticals. The candidate is passionate about technology and eager to work with team members in a fast-paced environment developing solutions supporting business objectives. Candidate will lead or support numerous exciting projects including support for opening new sites, network optimization projects, wireless deployments, infrastructure upgrades etc. Many of these projects will include disaster recovery and business continuity deliverables and general alignment with best practices.
- Design, maintain, and manage an enterprise-wide network infrastructure.
- Maintain a complex wired and wireless network infrastructure supporting an E-Commerce environment as well as multiple plant operations, corporate environment and remote locations in the tri-state area.
- Develop and document network standards, device templates etc.
- Develop implementation plans, test plans, and project timelines for various network projects.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve critical network connectivity issues. Provide senior level escalation for complex problems
- Resolve standard network issues and provide daily routine support using an internal ticketing system.
- Work with multiple internal teams and provide IT Network Engineering support for their various projects.
- Work with business partners to provide connectivity to the Fresh Direct environment using IPSec site-to-site VPN tunnels.
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Part of on-call support rotation to provide 24 x 7 remote and onsite support as required
- Work off-hours/weekends to support business and IT operations
Key ingredients –
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Ten (10+) plus years of network engineering experience, with a minimum of five (5) years working in a senior network engineering role
- CCNP Routing and Switching – Required
- CCNP Wireless or extensive wireless experience - Highly preferred
- CCIE Routing and Switching (Written or Lab) – Preferred
- Experience with routing/switching protocols (EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, STP, LACP etc.), IP addressing and protocols (TCP/UDP)
- Experience with Cisco Nexus 5K, Fabric Extenders (2K) and NX-OS
- Experience with Site-to-Site VPNs, Remote Access VPNs and DMVPN
- Experience with installing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco wireless access points and controllers.
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls (site-to-site VPN and remote access VPN)
- Experience with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC), FlexConnect, high-availability and antennas.
- Experience with WAN deployments including design, implementation and troubleshooting of various types of circuits (T-1, DS-3, MPLS, ELAN, DIA etc.).
- Strong understanding TCP/IP, SNMPv2c/v3, NTP, AAA, TACACS, SSHv2, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP and other standard protocols.
- Must have experience designing and implementing high availability network solutions and technologies.
- Experience with industry standard network monitoring, management and packet analysis tools to monitor and troubleshoot network/application performance and connectivity problems (SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, Cisco ACS,
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top