Perishables Manager - FoodKick
The FoodKick Fresh Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day to day activities of all Fresh departments and its Associates; insuring the highest level quality of service provided by our Associates, while supporting the policies, goal, and objectives of the company. This role is an outstanding opportunity to be an integral part of an FD rapidly expanding business, FoodKick!
The ideal candidate should have experience within a perishable, food or provisional items, preferably total store management experience (Store Manager). Qualified candidates will be well positioned for a Site Manager role upon successful execution of the role and acquired knowledge of the overall business model.
- Ensure all quality standards are met and upheld daily, through execution of standard operating procedures
- Delivery high-quality fresh food to all customers, with rigorous QA execution consistently applied
- Comply with Health Department Regulations; ensure follow through and compliance with Food Safety, Employee Safety Compliance and FoodKick quality policies (scrap, waste, QC, etc.)
- Supervise usage and handling of all equipment used in the department, including safety (GMP) and report all issues immediately
- Ensure productivity and timeliness of efforts, as departments “in front” and “behind” each other department rely on integrated speed
- Review financial reports and other data available to manage productivity
- Manage projects such as project plan development, project management, and accountability for results
- Keep area and equipment clean at all times, following safety guidelines
- Maintain safe work environment according to all federal and state regulations
- Identify and train talent for the department, including coaching, training and developing matrixes and standards of continued excellence
- Resolve employee grievances and concerns; partner with HR on high-level investigations
- Plan and manage staff schedule in accordance with budget and/or business needs.
- Build your team by developing all team members, identifying talent for possible promotion, and challenging high performers
- Oversee the maintenance, housekeeping and cleanliness of facility
- Plans and carries out work assignments and handles problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the occupation. Consults with leader on unique situations which do not have clear precedents
- Resolves most conflicts which arise; coordinates work with others as necessary; interprets policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives. Keeps leader informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications
- Leads all areas of the fresh departments: meat, seafood, produce, deli/bakery, sushi
- Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of team members; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote team members; does not conduct the same work as team members on a regular basis
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and especially Excel
- Four plus (4+) years’ experience managing 20+ employees
- Two to five (2 – 5 ) years of related work experience in a perishable food operation
- Work experience in an Food Distribution, Supermarket or Commissary
- Prior Produce, Green Grocer, or highly perishable experience is a must
- Must be willing and able to work in a refrigerated environment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10–12 hours, willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and / or Holidays and be able to keep a flexible schedule during high volume production periods
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous knowledge or experience with WMS, ERP or MPS
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to lead, coach and develop a successful team
- Must be resourceful and exercise strong problem solving skills
- Ability to assist in recruitment, interviewing and training of new Associates
- Experienced in food, perishables, and / or short shelf-life a plus
- English required; must communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal)
- Manufacturing, production, sanitation, food safety knowledge, HACCP, GMP, and OSHA a plus
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) nice to have
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top