People Support Coordinator (Overnight Shift)
- Responsible for the coordination and maintenance of department and individual calendar management; inclusive of scheduling, updating and communication (phone coverage, email, etc.)
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, training events, conferences and appointments such as Quarterly Focus Groups
- Attends to employee's issues and concerns; escalate to appropriate parties i.e. employee relations
- Files paperwork and maintains filing system
- Manages information; organizes and maintains electronic files, ensures files are updated and maintained on a weekly basis
- Reconciles payroll hours, trouble shoots payroll issues and escalates issues when necessary to the payroll department
- Distributes schedules and escalates issues with employee schedules to leadership
- Distributes and sort according to cost center weekly paychecks
- Prepares all HR corrective action documentation for review and leadership approval
- Translates meeting notes and or plant communication for distribution
- Distributes employee communications to our FD Associates; must be able to answer questions regarding communications and escalate issues to plant leadership
- Supports monthly initiatives such as the food program, holiday giveaways, summer barbeques, company picnic etc.
- Able to translate one-on-one conversations and town hall style meetings
- Updates department communication boards weekly
- Conduct weekly employee focus audits (cafeteria, lockers and start-up meetings)
- Creates all written documentation for supervisors/managers as needed, including, but not limited to, Corrective Actions, Internal Transfers, Separation of Employment, etc.
- Support Learning & Development Team by scheduling training, posting communications, and auditing attendance to ensure compliance
- Assist Human Resources Team by scheduling/ coordinating various training and events, such as, but not limited to, FD Culture, 30 Day Chats, Benefits Orientation, and Fresh Focus
- Perform various special projects as needed
- Supports multiple departments or headcount under 250 ee's.
- Able to translate single department meetings
- Able to translate a basic documents from English to Spanish
- Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with manager on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
Add to the mix:
- Minimum of two (2) year administrative assistant experience
- Experience with payroll and or time keeping administration desirable but not required
- Moderate computer skill (Microsoft office, internet and basic employee time management systems experience )
Add dash of :
- Ability to communicate well both in writing and orally in English and Spanish a must
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must be able to work overnight shift and possibly weekends
- Willingness to work in a cold environment (will be required to enter facility that is 38 degrees)
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
Who is FreshDirect?
Launched in New York City in 2002, FreshDirect is a leading online fresh food grocer delivering farm-fresh foods and brand-name groceries directly to the doors of customers throughout five Northeastern U.S. states, including New York City and Philadelphia. We are committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers and farmers around the world, and its in-house team of chefs and bakers produce a wide selection of freshly-made meals, baked goods and more.
FreshDirect “At the Office” delivers the same high-quality food with expanded product offerings and services for corporate clients. In 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that connects consumers to the freshest, tastiest finds in food, drinks, and lifestyle essentials all delivered within an hour.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Category Merchant
Courtnie uses sales and consumer data insights to bring new FreshDirect products to the company and its consumers, determining details from pricing and placement to promotional strategy.
Back to top