Operations Manager - FoodKick
The Operations Manager is responsible for the execution and management of FoodKick operations. This role is responsible for both inbound and outbound operations and supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. All while ensuring the highest level quality of service to our customers provided by our Associates. This role that will offer an outstanding opportunity to be an integral part of FoodKick rapidly expanding business.
- Direct, coordinate and manage inbound receivables, inventory replenishment and order fulfillment
- Dispatch deliveries based on FoodKick process and procedures
- Assist in operational and culture training
- Coordinate with outside vendors on arrival times and establish receiving processes
- Find resolutions for outstanding issues within span of control according to the standards set by the company
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety, Safety Compliance and FoodKick quality policies
- Plan and manage staff schedule while adhering to budgets and/or business needs
- Identify, and help implement, changes related to process improvement opportunities
- Identify and train talent for the department, including coaching, training and maintaining of standards of continued excellence
- Implement and support a Safety First culture with all site Associates
- Plans and carries out work assignments; coordinates work with others as necessary; communicates policies with hourly team.
- KeepsSite Manager informed of progress and any roadblocks that need to be addressed.
- Plans, designs, and carries out programs, projects, studies, or other work in conjunction with Site Manager.
Team leader Responsibility:
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring a safety first environment, all the personnel within their shifts and the execution of the daily operations.
- BA/BS in Management, Logistics, Engineering or a related field
- Four plus (4+) years experience in management roles with increasing responsibilities
- Prior work experience in an Operations, Logistics, Warehouse or a Manufacturing environment
- Previous exposure to, and demonstrated success in, a high-growth business environment
- Able to work a flexible schedule/cover various shifts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and orally) with colleagues at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Active learning, listening and critical thinking skills to find effective solutions for any problems that may arise
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and motivate during periods of change and disruption
- Ability to counsel and discipline in a style that improves and fosters a positive team environment
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top