NJ Cross-Dock Manager
Recipe for Success –
The Cross-dock Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the cross-dock for the Transportation Department. This includes shift, field, process, facilities and fleet management. The responsibilities include labor analysis and schedule coordination, developing and coaching delivery teams, manage costs and service performance through field audit. Ensures that there are no transport trailer inefficiencies and confirm administrative tasks are completed in a timely and accurately manner; which includes check in and out process.
Key ingredients –
- Support and uphold all policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Sustains expert knowledge of business goals and objectives, products and services for the route operation
- Creates and executes proactive steps to reduce credits and customer complaints
- Achieves overall consistency throughout the cross-dock operation
- Sustains and manages delivery cost while maintaining service levels
- Actively manages the timely response of all on-road operations, customer relations, and employee interactions
- Executes projects to reduce customer credits and returns
- Upholds and achieve department employee hours and overtime are managed in an effective manner (according to budget)
- Manages and coaches Administrative Support Staff to acceptable performance levels
- Manages departmental employee hours in an efficient and effect manner according to budget
- Ensures effective communication of job accountabilities, objectives and performance feedback
- Coaches, trains, and organizes workforce to have them capable of maintaining high service levels
- Supports and encourages reward and recognition programs in the department
- Plans and creates steps that lead workforce to being highly skilled, satisfied, and engaged
- Sustains and monitors performance management issues within the department
- Supports and encourages employee involvement throughout the department
- Ensures consistent and quality decisions are made at dispatch
- Achieves and sustains budgeted service level results (Satisfaction, On-Time, Complaints, etc.)
- Creates, supports and coaches to ensure a culture focused on customer satisfaction
- Responsible for promptly addressing and resolving problems/complaints filed by the community
- Actively participates in community events and supports marketing initiatives aimed at community development
- Support and sustains relationships with customers and the community
- Ensures that employees maintain the pulse (competition, growth, sales, customers, events, etc.) of the community
- Supports the recruiting process by conducting interviews and road tests on a need basis
- Actively supports and maintains high levels of morale in employees within the department
- Upholds, promotes and demonstrates an environment of honesty, integrity and candor through open lines of communication
- Ensures delivery of feedback, encouragement and expectations are clear and concise
Add to the mix –
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline with specialized leadership training and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and education;
- Minimum ten (10) years’ work experience
- Minimum three (3) years managerial experience
- Minimum five (5) years transportation and or dispatching experience
- CDL A or B license preferred
Add dash of –
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to build strong internal/external working relationships with the company and within the community
- Goal oriented work ethic with high standards for quality performance
- Strong coaching skills and analytical aptitude
- Highly organized and efficient with administrative tasks
- Clear and consistent decision maker
Who is FreshDirect?
Launched in New York City in 2002, FreshDirect is a leading online fresh food grocer delivering farm-fresh foods and brand-name groceries directly to the doors of customers throughout five Northeastern U.S. states, including New York City and Philadelphia. We are committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers and farmers around the world, and its in-house team of chefs and bakers produce a wide selection of freshly-made meals, baked goods and more.
FreshDirect “At the Office” delivers the same high-quality food with expanded product offerings and services for corporate clients. In 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that connects consumers to the freshest, tastiest finds in food, drinks, and lifestyle essentials all delivered within an hour.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top