The Supervisor of Outbound Operations is responsible for overseeing and supervising the day to day activities of a 65,000 sqf outbound department, ensuring the highest level quality of service provided by our Associates, while supporting the policies, goal, and objectives of the company. The Supervisor will oversee approx. 50 Associates including 15 forklift operators.
- Identify workload of within area of responsibility and shift personnel
- Issue instructions and examine work for accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency in accordance with the companies policies and procedures
- Identify problems, research root cause and create actionable solutions
- Provide Senior Managers with employee’s evaluation, trend analysis and reports
- Alongside Senior Management; develop roadmaps of continuous improvement, enhance process and area performance
- Attend meetings with Associates and Management teams to implement action plans and oversee accountability of assigned processes
- Provide consistent coaching and development to staff including, but not limited to, ongoing training, quality monitoring, and delivering disciplinary actions
- Ensure that all employees are meeting statistical targets and provide action plans for those that fall below expectations
- Assist with special projects and other assigned tasks
- Plans and carries out work assignments; resolves most conflicts which arise; coordinates work with others as necessary; interprets policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives. Keeps Team Leader informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications.
- Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of two (2) or more Team members; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote Team members; does not conduct the same work as Team Members on a regular basis.
- Five (5) – seven (7) years of Inventory, Distribution Center, and / or Logistics operations experience
- Two (2) – four (4) years of Management
- Must be willing and able to work in a refrigerated environment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10–12 hours, willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and / or Holidays and be able to keep a flexible schedule during high volume production periods
- Associates degree preferred
- English Required - Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Previous knowledge or experience with WMS, ERP or MPS
- Experienced in food, perishables, consumables and / or short shelf-life items a plus
- Manufacturing, production, sanitation, food safety knowledge, HACCP, GMP, and OSHA a plus
- Knowledge or experienced in Shipping, Receiving, and / or Distribution Center activities
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to lead, coach and develop a successful team
- Must be resourceful and exercise strong problem solving skills
- Ability to assist in recruitment, interviewing and training of new Associates
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top